[BBC News] Bad weather causes racing delays

Newsbot

Yep roads are open again, Douglas commuters can breathe a sigh of relief :D

Not just yet, they still have to make it out of Douglas! My sis in-law just rang me to tell me she was stuck on the lifting bridge and hasn't moved for nearly 20mins. She left work near Fort Ann half an hour ago!

Don't hold out much hope. It took me over an hour to get from central Douglas to Braddan tonight. Whoever is responsible for the unholy traffic f**k up should be proud of themselves. There was not one road into or out of Douglas that was not completely blocked. What a pile of sh*te.

look on the bright side - according to our local immigration experts participation in the MGP is a necessary part of becoming accepted as Manx - they now have a couple of hours clocked up and are in pole position for the handshake from the chief minister!

Whoever is responsible for the unholy traffic f**k up should be proud of themselves.

The roads were open at 4.45pm when I used them I had no problems getting around Douglas on or off the course, so who is this nobody 'responsible' that you speak of angry bloke?

The roads were open at 4.45pm when I used them I had no problems getting around Douglas on or off the course, so who is this nobody 'responsible' that you speak of angry bloke?

Aha...so that was you who went for a leisurely drive while the roads were still closed - didn't you wonder why there was so little traffic? :)

volvxa7.jpg

Aha...so that was you who went for a leisurely drive while the roads were still closed - didn't you wonder why there was so little traffic? :)

volvxa7.jpg

Well you know what they say about Volvo drivers and motorbikes. Bloody bikers...

Archived