Boat In Douglas Bay

Amadeus

Massive cruise ship pays visit to Island

THE largest cruise ship to visit this year arrives in Douglas Bay tomorrow (Saturday).

MS Prinsendam is scheduled to arrive in Douglas Bay from Belfast at 8am as part of a cruise of Celtic Kingdoms of Northern Europe.

The 204-metre long, 37,845-tonne vessel which last visited in 2005, will be carrying 750 passengers, mostly Americans.

They will come ashore by tender before taking organised tours, which will include visits to Cregneash, Castletown, St John's, Peel and Ramsey.

Yeah..sure..American "Tourists" just having a look around. Before you know it, the reconnaissance squad is back across the pond planning to topple the governm..wait a sec..Welcome ashore!

Nice boat, though

boat01ro0.jpg

boat02pu8.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I deleted the couple I took with the Tower of Refuge in the foreground as I thought everybody would do that one ;)

I wish I'd had the time to take that particular shot. Every other shot could be almost anywhere, the ToR in the foreground pleaces it very firmly in Douglas bay.

As it was, when I finished work for the day and was drivin along the prom I noticed the Ben on the horizon and shot home to get my camera and back to Onchan head just in time to grab a few photos

I deleted the couple I took with the Tower of Refuge in the foreground as I thought everybody would do that one ;)

Cheeky.... Major ;):P

LT

Hehehehe - but you do know what I mean about the same old tired shots, and placing your tripod legs in the same marks in the mud where a 1,000+ other people have taken the same picture.

I wish I'd had the time to take that particular shot. Every other shot could be almost anywhere, the ToR in the foreground pleaces it very firmly in Douglas bay.

As it was, when I finished work for the day and was drivin along the prom I noticed the Ben on the horizon and shot home to get my camera and back to Onchan head just in time to grab a few photos

I was in ship anorak mode - trying to get a decent image (or two) of the vessel for the photo archives of the www.aisliverpool.co.uk site, so the background/foreground location setting was not a vital consideration. ;)

Archived