[BBC News] Lost pigeon returns home on ferry

Newsbot

Surely that would depend on the age of the pidgeon, no?

Wingspan surely?

No - length, weight, and if it's travelling commercial or private.... Taking that racing pigeons often carry little letters and notes, I'd guess it's commercial and should be charged freight rates...

If it's stupid enough to get that lost - it should be going into a pigeon pie.

Happens quite a lot - there are a couple of trucks which spend all their time driving around Europe returning pidgeons - I had one on my balcony a few months ago, had a Hungarian racing tag on its leg. Three days later it was home.

I found one on Marine drive a few weeks ago, took it round to KS's house where he gave it the 5 star treatment, nice chap that he is. One Happy Pidgeon, dunno if it moved on or decided to stay where the going was good.

We had a lost homing pigeon when I lived across. The reason we took notice of it is it kept walking into the house as though that is what it was used to. Anyway, we phoned the local RSPCA branch and they gave us the number of a haulage company that collected it to return it to its owner who, IIRC, was in Scotland.

Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That parrot is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk.

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!

'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

Archived