Mass Effect!

K.os Theory

WOOHOO they've finally gone and given the European release date for this gem...mark it in your diaries folks 23rd November 2007!!!! :D

This could be the best action rpg title ever released and as i've said before I believe it has the ability to shift more 360's than Halo3!

The boys at bioware really do seem to have pulled out all the stops on this game, and yeah i'm more than a little excited by this news.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

77 days and counting!

I hope the game is more convincing than the plot!

The galaxy is trapped in an endless cycle of extinction. Every 50,000 years, an ancient machine race invades the galaxy. With ruthless efficiency, the machines wipe out all advanced organic civilization. They leave behind only the scattered ruins of technology, destroying all evidence of their own existence.

Few believe this ancient legend. You, however, know it to be true. The fight to stop this extinction event has become the most important mission in the galaxy.

:blink:

The galaxy is trapped in an endless cycle of extinction. Every 50,000 years, an ancient machine race invades the galaxy. With ruthless efficiency, the machines wipe out all advanced organic civilization. They leave behind only the scattered ruins of technology, destroying all evidence of their own existence.

Few believe this ancient legend. You, however, know it to be true. The fight to stop this extinction event has become the most important mission in the galaxy.

Matrix innit?

i'm no knockin the story, show me a game which doesn't have some hacknyed plot...i'm more excited by the gameplay experience, the size of the actual universe and the inventive combat style...it doesn't have to be shakespear :P

i'm no knockin the story, show me a game which doesn't have some hacknyed plot...

Ooh, good one.

How about Baldurs Gate 1&2, Planescape Torment, Bioshock, Mafia, Silent Hill 1&2, Max Payne, Chrono Trigger (Ahh that brings me back!), Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 9, Knights of the Old Republic (The main plot, not the really cheesy sub plots/side quests), System Shock 1&2, Warcraft 3 & WoW (again the main backstories and lore, not the silly subquests done by work experience lads), Halo, Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Myst.... tired now.

Lots of games have superb plots!

i'm no knockin the story, show me a game which doesn't have some hacknyed plot...

Ooh, good one.

How about Baldurs Gate 1&2, Planescape Torment, Bioshock, Mafia, Silent Hill 1&2, Max Payne, Chrono Trigger (Ahh that brings me back!), Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 9, Knights of the Old Republic (The main plot, not the really cheesy sub plots/side quests), System Shock 1&2, Warcraft 3 & WoW (again the main backstories and lore, not the silly subquests done by work experience lads), Halo, Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Myst.... tired now.

Max Payne 2 in particular has a fantastic plot, and the ending is so good, it made me want to cry!

Bioshock of course is an obvious recent example, the player actually believes in Rapture, and the gameworld itself is totally convincing.

A lot of it is, if you think dispassionately about it, completely preposterous, but the story and plot and so captivating that you simply suspend disbelief and accept it.

Now I'm not saying Mass Effect couldn't turn out to be just as good or as convincing, but the plot synopsis I posted above (which is taken from the game's website) made me think, "Hmmmmm........"

Ooh, good one.

touche sir... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived