[BBC News] Free post for UK forces personnel

Newsbot

This is nice to see. Stuck in the middle of nowhere without home comforts is horrible, and allowing families and frends to send stuff for free is a great morale booster. Even UK rates for sending tinned food, deoderant, etc. are high for many working class families - whose sons and daughters make up the bulk of the squaddies out there. Should have happened years ago. Nothing better than receiving a letter from home, a tin of heinz beans, big soup and a mars bar to enjoy in the middle of the night in some god foresaken desert town I would imagine.

Hi all new here ( well been lurking for a while but thought i'd join) Manx by birth but married to a guy in the RAF. My problem with this supposed service is that hubby has spent lots of time in the desert, infact he's OOA now and I have used this service many times filling boxes with magazines, gifts, baby wipes, etc and only one box has ever reached him! I don't know where they end up but he has waited (im)patiently for many days/weeks for a special gift from home which never arrives and leaves morale at an all time low. Obviously this is from the UK but i'm pretty sure that manx post goes through UK so if any of you are planning on using this service for loves ones I would advise you to think twice coz as the old saying goes "you get owt for nowt".

Archived