Finally Got My 360

cully1980

well i finally managed to get my 360 a present from the wife (what a star) 5 games already so i think that will be enought to go on with .

Bioshock what a game only 1 hour into it and hooked already

i have one question as i dont fancy shelling out 60 quid on a wireless bridge is there anyway i can use a network cable that goes from my wireless laptop to the 360 and use that for live somehow. Dont think its possible myself but worth an ask

i have one question as i dont fancy shelling out 60 quid on a wireless bridge is there anyway i can use a network cable that goes from my wireless laptop to the 360 and use that for live somehow. Dont think its possible myself but worth an ask

Yes, you can set up ICS or something similar on the laptop to share the wireless connection, but it can fook up your network as ICS insists on being the default gateway and napping dhcp.

I'd buy a cheap wireless bridge, dont bother with the official one. You can buy 3rd party ones for 20-30 quid.

I got this working fine using wy laptop wirless link as a bridge, you don't need a crossover or ICSfor this method.

1.) Set manual IP on XBOX along with default GW etc

2.) Bridge the network connection wireless/lan by highlighting them both and chossing bridge from within "Manage My Network"#

Job done.

If you need any help PM me.

Archived