New Hotel For Ramsey

Grianane

AFAIK, there is no provision for parking.

I'm on the fence with this one really, on the one hand, I'd like to see some investment in the town and have that eyesore developed but on the other hand, I'm weighing up all the inconvenience the work will cause for people coming to shop in Ramsey trying to park, and the long-term effect the lack of parking provision for the hotel will have. It's a real shame that the site of the former Vic pub is now effectively a private car park as that would have made an ideal site for parking for this proposed development.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The site is owned by Government. Apparently its too expensive to build on and the Ramsey Commissioners are currently renting it out for long stay parking which in itself releases spaces on the street. Why don't the hotel developers make an offer to buy it or lease it and use it for parking.

As stated owned by Government, bigs if's - does hotel want/need to buy it, what will they pay for it, and is Government prepared to sell. I think Commrs only acting as agents for Government in letting it out.

It is however a perfect spot.

Unfortunately I witnessed a precedent for a hotel without any parking being built. You have to use the local, 100 yds away, car park, which is pay and display. I did so, got my bike broken into and the hotel denied any responsibility. A veritable 'take away' for the local scallies to rob from a captive audience, guaranteed pickings free from disturbance.

The basement area is liable to flooding and totally unsuitable, that aside, what have the proposers come up with as an answer? I wonder how the car hire companies will welcome the idea of their cars being parked in a busy street liable to vandalism at night-time?

The basement area is liable to flooding and totally unsuitable, that aside, what have the proposers come up with as an answer? I wonder how the car hire companies will welcome the idea of their cars being parked in a busy street liable to vandalism at night-time?

What's wrong here, the fact that cars might be parked in a street or that some yobs might vandalise them.

I worry that legitimate and legal behaviour should be discouraged because of anti-social and illegal activity, isn't this arse about tit.

CCTV might assist as a deterant.

Archived