Civic Amenity Site At Bride

Grianane

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/north-news/Disbe...t-is.3185259.jp

It will certainly receive a lot fewer objections than the previous proposed site off Gardeners Lanein Ramsey.

In the perfect world amenities like this woudl be accepted wiht open arms, and would be close to the centre of population for the area they serve. I doubt whether a close sight could be found, and if its where I think it is it has the potential for wider use for recycling and composting of green waste.

Nimbyism is rife on the Island but sometimes there is a need to do things for the wider good, I suspect in this case the residents of Bride Village would support the proposal as it would reduce dramatically the number of vehicles driving through it and past the school every day.

As far as places go to put it, this is about the best suggestion so far in my opinion and a few strategically planted trees and bushes would keep it out of public view.

Indeed. It would take the hassle out of going to the point of ayre, and with them phasing out the landfill use there's no need for it to be all the way up there.

What people don't understand is it isn't planned to make it a landfill, just an amenity site with big skips. I think some of the objectors are under the impression it's going to be another landfill type site.

Indeed. It would take the hassle out of going to the point of ayre, and with them phasing out the landfill use there's no need for it to be all the way up there.

What people don't understand is it isn't planned to make it a landfill, just an amenity site with big skips. I think some of the objectors are under the impression it's going to be another landfill type site.

Amenity sites should be amenities and placed close to the people who will be using them-not a car journey away.

Everybody from the North goes into Ramsey and the amenity site should be placed on the edge of the town.

One of the main requirements should be a decent building for items that can be taken away and re-used.

We've got to get away from this idea of rubbish, skips and tips.

Amenity sites should be amenities and placed close to the people who will be using them-not a car journey away.

Everybody from the North goes into Ramsey and the amenity site should be placed on the edge of the town.

One of the main requirements should be a decent building for items that can be taken away and re-used.

Its almost catch 22. To do the job properly the new CA site needs skips or bins for recylcing, covered sheds for items that can be reused, and the capacity to compose green waste.

You can almost imagine at trip out to the site as being a bit of an event, with material whihc can be recycled or reused being brought out and people taking away stuff they can use themselves, including good clean compost.

the dilemna is that a site large enough to contain all these things and the capacity to expand the services if the operation is successful isn't going to be in town.

Ok the shellags might seem to be a compromise, but its a lot closer than the point of ayre, its fairly isolated from houses and could easily be screened, and it has the capacity to expand. Overall you have to say a great opportunity and with little likelihood of a better site being identified.

Its almost catch 22. To do the job properly the new CA site needs skips or bins for recylcing, covered sheds for items that can be reused, and the capacity to compose green waste.

You can almost imagine at trip out to the site as being a bit of an event, with material whihc can be recycled or reused being brought out and people taking away stuff they can use themselves, including good clean compost.

the dilemna is that a site large enough to contain all these things and the capacity to expand the services if the operation is successful isn't going to be in town.

Ok the shellags might seem to be a compromise, but its a lot closer than the point of ayre, its fairly isolated from houses and could easily be screened, and it has the capacity to expand. Overall you have to say a great opportunity and with little likelihood of a better site being identified.

I used to live quite near a modern amenity site that served 100,000 people. It was not vast and it certainly was the place to go to get things you needed.

I used to live quite near a modern amenity site that served 100,000 people. It was not vast and it certainly was the place to go to get things you needed.

I do quite a few trips out to the CA site, we recycle or compost as much as we can, and even the limited facilities at the point produce soem useable stuff. Most recent aquisition was 2 full roles of loft insulation - free and improved what I already have in the house.

Certainly wouldn't baulk at living near to a modern facility

We need another version of the amenity site in pulrose - but oop north, now there's a place you can correctly recycle rather than skip different types of unwanted 'rubbish'

Except that you need one where the sheds are open and the traffic flow encourages re-use and recycling BEFORE you get to the skips which are destined for the incinerator.

Nothing should be burnt that can be re-used or recycled. And that includes green waste.

Archived