All Island Speed Limit

ade

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manx Radio 12 O'Clock news.

They are increasing the driving age to 17, lowering the alcohol limit and getting stricter with the existing laws regarding unsafe driving.

Pretty good proposals all round then.

I'd say that's a good call. There are plenty of laws already in existence to tackle the knobs on the road and new ones are useless unless they are enforced.

Good. They've actually thought about a decision for a change, and employed a little bit of reasoning & logic.

Perhaps if they do focus on the existing laws which are barely enforced then they might get some surprisingly good results anyway.

Just been announced that the Gov. will not be introducing an all Island speed limit for the time being.

IMO it's great news. :D

And your next car will be? probably faster than the one you have now.

/me walks away :whistling: heh

Could have been better (although without listening to the broadcast I`m only basing it on what I have read in this thread).

No limitation for recent drivers ?

No blanket speed limit ?

Roll on TT........

Yeah, forgot about the R plated drivers,

increased to 2 years.

Wilddog wrote:

And your next car will be? probably faster than the one you have now.

Absolutely, looking already. :)

2 years for R plates?

Does that mean then that having passed my bike test a few weeks back that I have to keep the confounded things on for 2 years now and be restricted to 50?

My bike isn't very quick, and I don't especially want a superfast bike as I mostly ride tracks, but that 50 thing will be annoying.

Wouldn't of thought so Cret, I don't think the laws actually in yet, so I reckon you'll be ok on that score., You passed before the law came in.

I'm somewhat concerned by the decision to reduce the drink driving limit from 80 mils to 50 mils.

There is becoming no room for leaway at all.

I think it would have been much better just to make it zero tolerance so everyone is very clear on what they can't and can't drink when driving.

It now means you can have barely a pint but it all depends on so many other factors and you could easily fall foul.

Why bother giving anyone the go ahead to risk a drink at all? Pointless.

Archived