All Island Speed Limit

ade

Let's suppose money was free and the average person was only taking £200K/annum, and it had always been like this; but a minority were taking more than a sensible fair share, then the gov't announced a cap of £1M/annum each, we can guess what the majority would want - no limits as usual, it's not fair, bad call, out of order etc. etc.

As I've said before, if you want to drive/ride like a nutter, get an RAC licence and race on closed roads/circuits

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyone out there who really believes they are pro-limit simply for safety reasons.

All reads to me like people who simply want to spoil things for others - they don't enjoy/can't drive fast so they don't want anyone else to either.

Driving fast doesn't equal driving like a nutter either RC Drift. I think some people are judging others on their own poor driving skills.

These R plates are a funny thing though, if the limit (apart from the mountain) WAS to be set at 60mph - what's the point of R plates so you can only go 50mph? Ooh, a whole 10mph less....

Congratulations Alex that is the stupidest post I've ever read.

Is there any reason other than safety to introduce a speed limit, and I might add, it is the safety of other road users that concerns me, not the speeder who is responsible for himself. I don't want to see bungee jumping or parachuting banned, just because I see them as foolhardy and wouldn't dream of doing them.

You criticise RC Drift's driving abilities when you know xxxx all about them, though if you read his post properly, he is suggesting that if you want to drive you really fast you could join a rally club. Like him. Which I feel suggests he has above average driving abilities.

The trouble with your post Alex, is that it is a brilliant advertisement for a speed limit. Basically all it says is -

"Shut up about the speed limit. I can drive at any speed I like because I am a better driver than you*. And I'm skillful enough to drive at any speed. And I've got a big dick**"

I hope you are right.

* probably true

** probably not true

Let's have a guess Al, you like driving fast and see no reason why you should be told otherwise, that is until you kill someone!

I don't like being told what to do with my life either, but where the public road is concerned, you're also interfering with other peoples lives, so don't talk like a prick

...and I'd like to see you stand still in front of a car driving at just 10mph and see what that feels like - Ooh, it's only 10mph, could stop it with my little finger :whatever:

LOL Declan, I don't drive at speed particularly.

Do you? Oh no, you can't even drive can you. What a position to make judgements of other's abilities.

Just the reference to having a big dick proves my point - sheer jealousy that others can afford bigger, better, faster cars than you.

Ok, Alex you win, your car is bigger, faster, more expensive and better, than the car I don't own. You must be a better person than me.

However, struggle to get your mind round this - although I could drive, if I wanted to, and could afford a fairly decent car, if I wanted to - I choose not to.

I also choose not to be killed by someone who was over estimated their ability to drive at speed.

Is there anyone out there who really believes they are pro-limit simply for safety reasons.

All reads to me like people who simply want to spoil things for others - they don't enjoy/can't drive fast so they don't want anyone else to either.

Whilst I think Declan has posted some real nonsense on this thread I have to agree with him here. This post of Alex's is one of the most stupid and childish posts so far.

That said I don't for a second believe that driving over about 60 or 70 mph necessarily equates to being a nutter either. It plain and simple doesn't unless you're doing so in the wrong place and or wrong time/weather etc. The problem is that regardless of speed limits the people who do actually drive like nutters will still do so and still cause as many accidents.

And yes. I for one believe that the pro limit people on here are for the limit because they believe it will make things safer. I just disagree that it will but am pro other measures that will actually make a difference. Different means, same result.

If it's true they really are pro-limit for safety reasons, stands to reason there would be those who enjoy driving fast yet are also pro-limit. Where are they?

Oh, and name-calling doesn't exactly make you appear mature Cret.

If it's true they really are pro-limit for safety reasons, stands to reason there would be those who enjoy driving fast yet are also pro-limit. Where are they?

They have RAC licences and race on a sunday with other sensible like minded individuals

Archived