Pinnacle Showcentre Media Streamers For Sale

Cret

For all the blurb have a look on here:

http://estore.pinnaclesys.com/servlet/Cont...ductID=36111000

Basically they will stream photos/music/video files etc to your hifi/telly from PC(s) in your home.

One is boxed & unused, the other one has had a little use, but still have the box etc. Selling as I use the PS3 now to stream basic stuff and am having a cut down on boxes to please 'er indoors, and because I'm hella broke as usual.

£75 each

Apologies to a couple of people who asked me about these a while ago as I cannot remember who it was now. I've been holding them for 6 weeks or so for someone but due to current poverty I really can't keep them any longer so they're back up for grabs.

Hmm .. tempting.

Couple of questions:

Does it stream smoothly over WiFi?

Is it dependant on having the right codecs on the box and if so can they be upgraded ?

--------------------

Tech Blog - Personal Blog - Hobby Blog - Manx Friends profilep

Have a Manx website? Post it up at SearchMann

One is provisionally sold to access55.

I've not used it a huge amount to be honest Owen but it generally seemed ok on wireless. It would drop the connection sometimes without warning but I always put that down to my router (which I have been very vocal on here about the problems I've had concerning the router's crap signal strength etc). Sure the old threads would be around somewhere about my router - to show I'm not just trying to 'mask' something being up.

I had the same problem with my PS3 and eventually I found a cure - changing from WEP to WPA-PSK stopped it dropping the connection. I suspect this might cure it on the showcentre too but it's not hooked up any longer and I haven't been bothered finding out since it was alright most of the time and I'm not using it now.

Might be worth looking for a few reviews if you're worried about the wireless but I think the consensus is that it generally works ok.

There are certain files type you can & can't use but I can't remember which as I basically used it for music, and the occasional video file here & there. It think there will be some info possibly on Pinnacle's site, but if not, try just googling Pinnacle Showcenter200 as I know I saw a page earlier whilst getting the Pinnacle site which mentioned file extensions & codecs etc.

Sorry I'm not very specific but hope this helps. :)

One thing to mention the software doesn't work with Vista as it uses MSDE.

An upgrade has been promised by Pinnacle though.

Apparently you can stream of a NAS if it support UPNP and DNLA

Bugger! Sorry mate, I never even thought about Vista I must admit!

I only know a few people using it so far, and one of them mentioned problems getting drivers for things.

Aside from pinnacle though you could try using the swisscenter software which is a free alternative you can use. You might find because it's an enthusiasts' version of the software that it may already support Vista.

Archived