Boat On The Rocks

maggle

There is a yacht on the rocks at Port Erin.

From EnergyFM news:

Surveyors are examining a yacht which ran aground in Port Erin Bay in the early hours of this morning.

Port Erin Lifeboat and the Coastguard were called out to tend to the three-man crew just after two o'clock.

The vessel remains grounded on rocks near the Nook Cafe.

Those on board scrambled to shore but found themselves trapped by the sea.

Coastguard rescuers helped the uninjured men up the cliffs to safety.

I heard that yesterday too. Going down for a skeet in the morning.

Neighbour said he saw it in the cove just round from the nook (the one before Spaldrick I think) and it looks like it might be a case of getting it shifted immediately, or owning expensive firewood.

A real shame for the vessel's master :(

I've just joined there so I can post up some of my initial 'efforts' with my new camera.

I hope they aren't too awful as I very much have photography L plates on at the moment!

Believe me Crets there are quite a few members from this forum on the manxcenes photo forum and we are all in the same boat (pardon the pun) and just posting cos we love photography and taking piccies :rolleyes:

Last 10

I was expecting with all the high winds in Port Erin yesterday that if they didn't move it in the afternoon at high tide it would have been matchsticks!

I hope they get it away from there in one piece.

Not sure really.

Doubt you could do it with a crane because of how the land behind it is (ie a hill with different footpaths), nor on the beach because of all the rocks.

Think the only option really is a high enough tide to float her so that the keel clears the rocks.

Archived