Plasma Or Lcd Hd Tele

Nunderweiza

Right, LCD every time, for the simple fact......plasma tv's have a life span of around 9000 hours before they require regassing, a plasma tv works by sending an electrical current thro plasma gas, thus making it glow different colours depending on the amout of current input. This will in time 'burn' up the plasma and thus require it to be regassed.

9000 hours sounds a lot, but it isnt, and add to this that to regass a 37" tv is around 600 quid, then you might aswell buy a new tv.

LCD tv's on the other hand not only offer a better picture quality, they will never require re-gassing, and therefore no further costs down the line.

Hope it helps

Stuart

Right, LCD every time, for the simple fact......plasma tv's have a life span of around 9000 hours before they require regassing, a plasma tv works by sending an electrical current thro plasma gas, thus making it glow different colours depending on the amout of current input. This will in time 'burn' up the plasma and thus require it to be regassed.

9000 hours sounds a lot, but it isnt, and add to this that to regass a 37" tv is around 600 quid, then you might aswell buy a new tv.

LCD tv's on the other hand not only offer a better picture quality, they will never require re-gassing, and therefore no further costs down the line.

Hope it helps

Stuart

I'd say LCD everytime, I have my XBOX 360 and the HD lead hooked up to it and it looks awesome when playing........and for the reasons above also, as I was told the same when I went to get my TV.

Lcd definately.

The big worry I had with plasma (and i was very close to getting a pioneer plasma) with gaming is the screen burn with things that are permantly on screen in the same position for a long time. In games like pro evo u have the pitch map, in fps' you have the radars or health etc etc.

Obviously on the flip side u have the dead pixel problem of lcds. But you can see that the second its out the box and the tv can go back. On a plasma screen burn could happen at anytime and its not covered in the warranty.

ps There is no such thing as regassing plasma tvs

What is the likelihood of screen burn on a plasma really? Remember when screen savers were all the rage on CRT monitors because they supposedly stopped screen burn? Yes screen burn could occur on a plasma but it would have to be the same image on the screen for days before it actually affects the screen, if you've never had screen burn on your CRT TV I don't think you've got much to worry about in that regard.

You are right that regassing is rubbish though, interesting to see who's charging £600 for it...Spanna do you fancy going into business ;)

my source for both 9000 hours of useage and re-gassing comes from 3 years as a home entertainment installer. Admittedly, i gave up the job about 6 years ago, but i cant see they have erradicated the issue i stated all together. Most of the installs i did used either fujitsu-siemens, pioneer or NEC plasmas.

Archived