Wtf........total Joke!

Knoxville

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would hardly be a clear case of self defence, bottling someone is hardly reasonable force. I never claimed it was self defence my argument is that there were mitigating circumstances. Yes her actions do need to be punished but to see it so black and white is certainly not what a court is expected to do.

Oh and Knoxville I wasn't aware the IoM had become so "zero tolerance" all of a sudden. In regards to me being a judge, out of the two of us I know who I'd want up there, the person willing to look at all the facts rather than the person who decides the verdict the minute the charge is read out (although admittedly your way would save a hell of a lot of time).

It would hardly be a clear case of self defence, bottling someone is hardly reasonable force. I never claimed it was self defence my argument is that there were mitigating circumstances. Yes her actions do need to be punished but to see it so black and white is certainly not what a court is expected to do.

Oh and Knoxville I wasn't aware the IoM had become so "zero tolerance" all of a sudden. In regards to me being a judge, out of the two of us I know who I'd want up there, the person willing to look at all the facts rather than the person who decides the verdict the minute the charge is read out (although admittedly your way would save a hell of a lot of time).

When I come to power, the Island will be a better place!!!!!!

It needs to become zero tolerance, reading the paper lately and you see all kinds of people getting away with all sorts. Makes me think what morons decides there fate.....................people like you Ean hey!

Guy on the sex offenders register over here, only caught as he was driving whilst banned. Didnt notify the police of his change of address or anything and all he got was a dont do that again.

If I had someone on the sex offenders register up by me and they had moved with out informing the police, I'd expect something to happen.

'm not going to get drawn into the "the isle of man is fucked" argument because those with your viewpoint see everything so black and white that a debate over it is pointless. You'll never be able to see the bigger picture, or accept that you don't have all of the facts at your disposal. Thank god that you will never get the opportunity to make "he Island will be a better place!!!!!!"

To be fair this girl made a mistake, her boyfriend was getting the proverbial shit kicked out of him and she panicked and lashed out and hit the person with the nearest thing to hand.

Lets face it what else could she do? She couldn't exactly punch the guy as it wouldn't have had any effect, even if she did he probably wouldn't have felt it anyway as he was battering her boyfriend at the time.

Why should her life be ruined with a jail sentence for trying to help someone who was being beaten up.

'm not going to get drawn into the "the isle of man is fucked" argument because those with your viewpoint see everything so black and white that a debate over it is pointless. You'll never be able to see the bigger picture, or accept that you don't have all of the facts at your disposal. Thank god that you will never get the opportunity to make "he Island will be a better place!!!!!!"

How do you know I wont? Seeing everything in black and white hey Ean!!!!

Sorry i made the assumption that you had no chance of being in power but clearly it's not a large step from lord of the interweb to lord of mann. I look forward to the day you take charge of the Island (I've always wanted to know what a mass exodus was like)

I eagerly await details of the assault charges her victim faces for duffing up her boyfriend. That's unless her story is somewhat exaggerated...

It's a pretty shocking sentence though. If it was some 18 year old lad doing a manual job from a council estate, he'd get six months.

Mr Montgomerie told the former Castle Rushen High School student the use of weapons was taken 'extremely seriously' by the courts.

Mr Montgomerie, your pants appear to be on fire.

I eagerly await details of the assault charges her victim faces for duffing up her boyfriend. That's unless her story is somewhat exaggerated...

It's a pretty shocking sentence though. If it was some 18 year old lad doing a manual job from a council estate, he'd get six months.

Mr Montgomerie told the former Castle Rushen High School student the use of weapons was taken 'extremely seriously' by the courts.

Mr Montgomerie, your pants appear to be on fire.

Summed it up well, if it was a 18 year old lad etc

I still think she should have done porridge, at the end of the day she didnt have to bottle someone, there was nothing stopping her getting help.

Sorry i made the assumption that you had no chance of being in power but clearly it's not a large step from lord of the interweb to lord of mann. I look forward to the day you take charge of the Island (I've always wanted to know what a mass exodus was like)

I'd bring back so many things, birch, hanging ( just for you ).

You'd have to pass the Manx test to live here, do you eat chips cheese gravy ( the usual lol ).

Keep the riff raff out, use the Calf of Mann as a scum zone, any shit and your on there, you have to eat each othe to live. No escape, sharks with lazers and jelly fish with tigers teeth.

If you dont have a job, your off my Island.

That's bollocks, this girl had given the "victim" a knockback and he took it out on her boyfriend

Good on the girl, I think the socially inept and the emotionally retarded deserve a smack on the head with a bottle

Might encourage them to stay at home and not spoil a good night out for the rest of us

at the end of the day she didnt have to bottle someone, there was nothing stopping her getting help.

That is exactly the case. If it was in a pub then there surely would of been people to sort it out clearly.

Surprisingly enough she was in my year at my school. The article says "Jim Travers told the court the attack was out of character and that Lang, 19, was a model student." - Erm, that was not the case.

Archived