Wtf........total Joke!

Knoxville

how drunk is drunk for the purposes of not serving someone?? obviously that chap that died at the pizza place a few years ago was too drunk, but what would the limit be? too drunk to drive is not many drinks and not enough to become aggressive so thats too low. perhaps all pubs should have a breathalyser and if you look like your getting too happy you blow into the breathy and if it shows you over say 200 you can't have any more.

Situations do arise when someone who is told he's had too much disagrees. If he is told to leave and refuses, then he's in the wrong, if he leaves fair enough. There are always good and bad decisions, but the staff are legally responsible to err on the side of caution.

It's always a judgement by staff - usally indicated by any combination of staggering, aggression, loudness, slurred peech, lethargy, vandalism, dropping glasses and being a general pillock. People can be agressive after nought to two pints, others can drink 15 pints and still be the life and soul of the party - it's not just the amount you drink - it's when the 'A (arsehole) factor' kicks in - which varies with everyone for a combination of physical, mental and type-of-day/life had reasons.

I would only expect someone from the health police or someone who doesn't understand people in a pub to suggest pub breathalysers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A number of posters here seem to be suggesting that the chirpy working class hero type from a council estate, (it's the dirty fingernails that give them away you know) finding themselves in similar circumstances would be bang to rights guv throw away the key and rot in jail and etc,etc, lol.... This just smacks of intelligence/education envy to me and isn't borne out by any facts. Can anyone provide a single link or reference to a case where a "young lad" fitting my description above has been sent to prison for a similar circumtances charge of abh as a first offence? I doubt it.

As no one has risen to my challenge then I've got one. Page 8 of this week's Courier, youngish bloke, charge of ABH (albeit no bottle) suspended sentence. And where is the lad from? Pulrose, lol......; )

obviously that chap that died at the pizza place a few years ago was too drunk

The guy who died didn't die there - he died later after drinking a considerable amount (a bottle of vodka ?) after leaving the place.

From the press coverage :

He reminded the court xxxxx had been drinking both before and after being in the {bar} and didn't appear drunk to those around him.

Mr Wright said the court only fined the pair on the basis the last drink xxxxx had there made him drunk.

• 2 weeks later...
A number of posters here seem to be suggesting that the chirpy working class hero type from a council estate, (it's the dirty fingernails that give them away you know) finding themselves in similar circumstances would be bang to rights guv throw away the key and rot in jail and etc,etc, lol.... This just smacks of intelligence/education envy to me and isn't borne out by any facts. Can anyone provide a single link or reference to a case where a "young lad" fitting my description above has been sent to prison for a similar circumtances charge of abh as a first offence? I doubt it.

One doesn't like to gloat but

Here's another one supporting my case

(courtesy of the op, lol,lol......... ) ; )

Archived