Argos & Halo 3

MarcusAurelius

And some people are paying near £100 for a standard copy of halo3 just so they can play it a few days before everyone else. :o

I've never actually played any halo game, is this really as good as everyone is saying it is?

had a quick look, but couldn't see anything about release date...maybe they've noticed their mistake?

marcus I know you've got the cheapest price for Halo3 on the Island, if I order it from your website can you guarantee delivery on day of release?

thanking you :D

Yes , I can guarantee it on the day of release for you , but if you feel like it why don't you come down for the midnight launch.I won't even make you queue up outside.What I was planning to do was just stay open because some of my regulars have said that they will just play on the pc network or on the consoles but I can't officially sell any Halo 3 until midnight.

I get the feeling that there are going to be quite a few coming for the midnight launch so should be good

hahaha bit of a trek for me, i'm in Douglas + i've got work next day. Not gonna be able to play it until saturday...

@modey, I personally love it! The online element is amazing and the single player is consistantly solid, add 4 player online co-op throughout the entire story mode ( 4 different characters not 4 copies of the master chief ), new weapons, enemies and vehicles...

No, Halo is formulaic, monotonous and completely without innovation.

...if you played it on PC 2 years after the original xbox release. When it was first released on xbox it was cutting edge.

Plenty of innovation, the vehicles in particular, but there's a couple of others. The weapon recharge too. The coop was where it was at though, two player coop in halo was such a laugh.

Plenty of innovation, the vehicles in particular, but there's a couple of others. The weapon recharge too. The coop was where it was at though, two player coop in halo was such a laugh.

I still go back to Halo just to play the beach landing level, fcukin awesome stuff...Halo2 was a bit of disapointment tbh ( it felt a bit rushed )so I'm expecting big things from no.3

I'm surprised you don't remember Doom and Quake doing co-op FPS single player ten years before Halo.

The only reason it did so well was because console owners hadn't seen anything like it before. Even at that time, PC owners had been doing it for years.

I'm surprised you don't remember Doom and Quake doing co-op FPS single player ten years before Halo.

I didn't say the coop was innovative, just that it's what made the game fun. Doom and Quake didn't have one guy driving a warthog jeep with another guy on the back with a fuck off big gun.

The only reason it did so well was because console owners hadn't seen anything like it before. Even at that time, PC owners had been doing it for years.

Na, I've played pc fps's since wolfenstien, Halo2 on first release was something special. A bit of a combination of things rather than anything too specific, the setting & backstory, the visuals, the vehicles. The landing level really is fucking awsome. The flood levels less so, but still, an amazing game six years ago.

Released way too late on the pc though.

Archived