Armed Response Time

Grianane

But, the armed response unit WILL NOT shoot nless they have dialogue with the armed individual and clearly arent getting anywhere.

A teen brandishing a BB gun will clearly shit themselves and drop the gun.... unless of course they have other ideas, which they then deserved to be capped in the knees.

I don't recall much dialogue between the bloke carrying the chair leg in a carrier bag who was shot dead by an armed response unit some years ago. Or the "Muslim Terrorist" who turned out to be an innocent South American electrician executed at Stockwell tube station.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But, the armed response unit WILL NOT shoot nless they have dialogue with the armed individual and clearly arent getting anywhere.

A teen brandishing a BB gun will clearly shit themselves and drop the gun.... unless of course they have other ideas, which they then deserved to be capped in the knees.

I don't recall much dialogue between the bloke carrying the chair leg in a carrier bag who was shot dead by an armed response unit some years ago. Or the "Muslim Terrorist" who turned out to be an innocent South American electrician executed at Stockwell tube station.

Hmmmm...30 shootings in the UK and no police prosecutions - table leg or otherwise!

The majority of BB guns however are designed to be exact replicas of real firearms, and in a lot of cases are absolutely indistinguishable from the real thing until you get the chance to hold them yourself or stare down the barrel to see it has a smaller barrel inside it.

Apart from that they are usually made from plastic. Also, Big difference in weight between a plastic gun and a real one.

The majority of BB guns however are designed to be exact replicas of real firearms, and in a lot of cases are absolutely indistinguishable from the real thing until you get the chance to hold them yourself or stare down the barrel to see it has a smaller barrel inside it.

Apart from that they are usually made from plastic. Also, Big difference in weight between a plastic gun and a real one.

Problem solved then: The rozzers should ask for the gun, weigh it and see if it melts when tossed on a fire. If it's heavy and survives the flames they're then in their rights to give it back to their suspect, and then shoot him.

Problem solved then: The rozzers should ask for the gun, weigh it and see if it melts when tossed on a fire. If it's heavy and survives the flames they're then in their rights to give it back to their suspect, and then shoot him.

Surely if you held a plastic gun you would know the difference between that and a metal one. So therefore there would be no need to toss on to a fire to see if it melts.

I can confidently say that I for one would know the difference between a plastic gun and a real one.

Surely if you held a plastic gun you would know the difference between that and a metal one. So therefore there would be no need to toss on to a fire to see if it melts.

I can confidently say that I for one would know the difference between a plastic gun and a real one.

Some of them are made of metal though, to give them a 'real' feel and make them a bit more hard wearing.

Plus, a dickhead holding a replica gun, trying to make out it's real, isn't going to hand it over if he really wants to cause trouble. Say he holds up a shop with one, the shopkeeper isn't going to say "I've got your number son, it's not even real, let me have a feel" Like you're going to risk it.

In that first pic (Sig Sauers) I'd say if either of them are real it's the one on the left. You can see a mark from where the slide release lever has been used whereas on the other it looks like it's all one part of the gun. Of course you'd have no chance of just spotting something like that.

They are not 'mostly' plastic these days either - increasing they're being brought out with proper metal frames/slides/bodies, and even the ones that are plastic (apart from some of the really cheap ones) have extremely convincing finishes.

You wouldn't be able to spot the difference in a brief glance between a proper airsoft replica and the real macoy on sight alone even if you know your stuff, let alone to the untrained eye.

Second pic, they're two different models of Glock but I'd guess at the one on the right being the replica and the one on the left being real. At least as far as the mags go.

The right hand mag you can see the front of it at the top is level with the rest of the mag - a common trait of BB gun mags to feed the ammo up properly into the gun.

The mag on the left appears to have proper 'feed lips' with a gap at the front and the back. Looks like a real one as airsoft ones don't generally look like that.

Odd though that the glock on the left appears to have a slide that's a different material to the frame, as that's normally a common thing with the BB versions that metal slides are fitted as an upgrade.

But could you make such a confident judgement when looking down the big black o if it was waved in your face.

Personally I hope I'd be abe to knee drop any little jerk who pullled a BB and then dance on his head to disuade him from doing anything so stupid again.

If you could hit me with a handgun from 100 yds you would be some gunman, I have seen people firing from 25yds and not land one round in a life size target

But police marksmen don't run up to offenders to within 20 yards and then make a decision they do it from distance for that precise reason. And I said waving a gun, not shooting at you.

If you could hit me with a handgun from 100 yds you would be some gunman, I have seen people firing from 25yds and not land one round in a life size target

But police marksmen don't run up to offenders to within 20 yards and then make a decision they do it from distance for that precise reason. And I said waving a gun, not shooting at you.

The Police Marksmen would not be using a handgun from a distance as the range is not long enough. They would be using a rifle with telescopic sights.

Exactly - the bottom line is that most people including police would not be able to tell at the time there's a problem. Sure, when you can hold it & meddle it's very obvious then to anyone who knows about these things but that tends to be when it's too late.

I really enjoy using these as a sporting device and was out today doing it but I absolutely agree that the realism of them can pose problems thanks to brainless tossers that use them for 'no good'.

Was I right anyway?

Archived