Armed Response Time

Grianane

The Police Marksmen would not be using a handgun from a distance as the range is not long enough. They would be using a rifle with telescopic sights.

... and would be busy keeping his crosshairs on the target in case he needs to shoot at a split second's notice of danger or trouble. In other words, he wouldn't be using his scope to follow the gun around so he could see if the moulding on the safety or the underside of the magazine was a bit iffy and try to weigh up weather or not it's a real firearm.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Police Marksmen would not be using a handgun from a distance as the range is not long enough. They would be using a rifle with telescopic sights.

I didn't say they did Iwas talking about identifying from distance - the police use distance - anyway I guess you missed my whole point Mr. Confidence.

Was I right anyway?

Well the Glock 19 pic you got wrong - link here: http://www.sequoyahcountysheriff.org/PhotoGallery-Page2.htm

I think you got the first one right, at least it's the one I was thinking (just from the scuffs on the gun metal and the grip looks better built) as it doesn't specify on the site, here: http://www.north-wales.police.uk/en/bbguns.asp

Unlikely seeing as those sorts of weapons were banned a long time ago.

One would certainly like to think something so nasty would never happen here anyway, completely aside from your stereotyping. :P

I know a couple of people here who would be capable of running amok given the right mix of booze, medication & having a bad day

It would also be possible to get an assault rifle in the UK if you were desperate enough and had the money

Lets hope the two never mix

What about taking a car down strand street and taking out as many people as possible? Your theory is flawed.

Archived