Sad News

crumlin

To me this has to be one of the sadest news stories Ive heard from Manx Radio.

A Motor Cycle group on the IOM is to hold fund raising events to raise money to help the family of a LADY that was killed in a accident at Hillberry. Not long after the death of this lady her husband died from a terminal illness, the couples four children have been cared for by the Grandmother until recently, but now the grandmother is ill and not able to look after the children. THE CHILDREN HAVE NOW BEEN SPLIT UP AND SENT TO FOSTER HOMES.

Not only have the children lost their parrents, they have now lost each other. I find this very sad and upsetting, this is a special case that needs attention to, these children need to be together and Its my opinion that the Government should take action with this.

The first fund raiser will be held on the 5th December 2004.

A sad case without question, it will pull on the heart strings of all of us and especially those of us who are parents.

We need more foster parents who are able to take family groups. I am sure I heard a call for this on Manx Radio over the weekend (not sure how the government could help in this case, its us Jo public who can help by providing the safety net of the family group support).

Geo

Its not so long ago that the cause of this was debated on the forum. Can we the members of this forum not help out in some way, if it only helped in the short term it would show that we the members can do something other than moan about things. Any ideas ?

Other than financial assistance, it's a difficult one isn't it? Four children are a large group to house together, and in my mind this would be the primary aim - would financial assistance even help to achieve this?

It is a diabolical situation for sure.

As I'm sure we all know we cannot discuss the 'cause' on this forum so we have to be careful on this thread.

I agree that this is a terrible thing which will only make matters worse for these children, although I don't know what any of us can really do to help them? :(

I expect he could - though I thought the Paypal charges were a little hefty when collecting numerous payments in that manner. Would be a shame for the donation in it's entirety not to reach the source, but if needs must I suppose?

I'd forgotten about the damn charges :(

Was just thinking that one collective donation from the board users who wanted to donate and could do so at the click of a button might be a bit more effective than people thinking they must do something individually and then not bothering to do so or simply forgetting about it.

I expect he could - though I thought the Paypal charges were a little hefty when collecting numerous payments in that manner. Would be a shame for the donation in it's entirety not to reach the source, but if needs must I suppose?

Forget paypal, as stated above their charges are way to high and I for one like most on here would like the full amount collected to go to the fund.

There is a way, a "nominated person/poster" but it would compromise someones name and address. The donations could be sent or even dropped of to the person nominated. Just for an example it would be even better if it was a trusted shop owner so people could drop off the donation or send it, wouldn't it. ;) No pressure like dude., you know who you are.

That was an example I don't want to put this guy on the spot it's just he's the only person I know on here with a shop that would be easily accessible.

If not thinking caps on everyone.

What is the official collection actually for? We all know how much it costs to keep a family and any collection is only going to result in a drop in the ocean (a worthwhile drop none-the-less of course) I had heard that until all the dealings are concluded (which for the purpose of this thread shall remain nameless, but of which everyone is aware) there can be no insurance payout and that there will be no payout if the outcome is, shall we say, unfavourable. (Struggling for suitable words here and trust you all to do the same)

I would hope that there is some way that these children will be able to be kept together, or that there is another relative who, with financial assistance perhaps might be able to assume the responsibility. I have to admit, this is one of my worst nightmares when applied to my own family circumstances - it really doesn't bear thinking about.

Anyway, it would be nice to make a group contribution I think, as a community, so any suggestions on how we might avoid the charges would be welcomed.

Yes, I'd go for that if 'he' is happy to assume the responsibility. All cheques will be in favour of the chosen beneficiary (anyone know what the trust fund is called?) so no-ones individual position is potentially compromised.

Someone else that owns a shop has come forward now which is good. There is more chance of it being put into practice now.

I won't mention posters shops until /if and when someone decides to do it or they could just give an address.

Early stages yet.

Archived