Iom And Kershaw On Popbitch

Dames Aflame

I see what you mean Albert, but to compare the good old Isle of Man with Preston or Doncaster or the Lake District as you have done is to miss the point.

We are a Tax Haven located bang in the middle of the British Isles, directing $billions upon $billions from various places in the world into our coffers. The Isle of Greed, and yet when it suits we prefer to depict ourselves as some quaint nation with a very old and trusting governmnet etc.

Stand back and look at what it really is the Isle of Man offers and where exactly do we stand within the global community.

I don't disagree - I was simply trying to put it into perpspective for this thread. This type of debate has been e.g. happening here: Inovative Ways To Improve Tourism On Mann?

Perception is what it is all about - because at the end of the day, that's what gets reported, and that's what get people associated/disassociated with the island. We have to decide what we want to be ourselves, before advertising and opening up the island. 'If you don't know where you're going any road will get you there' and all that.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the same for everywhere e.g. people in Preston stick up for Preston and are often very indifferent to other parts of the country - except when England are playing.

To the extent that it is called Proud Preston. At least by Prestonians.

Andy Kershaw is an arrogant piss-head, he deserves all he gets.

anonymous snipes on the interweb - my favourite...........

Sorry I hadn't realised that when I joined this forum I had to provide my real name? It's not a snipe, the man is an arrogant loud mouth and he drinks too much.

If it's not a snipe then what is it, a character reference ?

Well no one can deny that Mr Frank Smith is at least half right.

He was barred from nearly every pub in Peel long before his official ban and is disliked by a huge amount of people in Peel. No I don't know him personally, I have however been in pubs and shops and have heard the way he speaks to people.

Thought I'd better leave out the slanderous bit..... :o

Well no one can deny that Mr Frank Smith is at least half right.

He was barred from nearly every pub in Peel long before his official ban and is disliked by a huge amount of people in Peel. No I don't know him personally, I have however been in pubs and shops and have heard the way he speaks to people.

Thought I'd better leave out the slanderous bit..... :o

Sorry I hadn't realised that when I joined this forum I had to provide my real name? It's not a snipe, the man is an arrogant loud mouth and he drinks too much.

How unfortunate that you have appeared to register a brand new account to post this instead of using your regular name. Either have the courage or conviction to post what you think under the name which you are known by on here or just don't bother. It makes you look petty, cowardly and pathetic.

How unfortunate that you have appeared to register a brand new account to post this instead of using your regular name. Either have the courage or conviction to post what you think under the name which you are known by on here or just don't bother. It makes you look petty, cowardly and pathetic.

Oh I'm sorry ans I didn't read anywhere in the forum rules that your first few post have to be nice and positive. You really are a forum facist aren't you.

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooo. That's funny. Name and shame, Ans. You know it makes sense...

...GOMH*...

Archived