Stu Peters Gets Put In His Place Over Airport Runaway

nipper

On the issue of security the most dangerous person is those of us who drive the aircraft, I mean they take everything off us as well, but give us tons of metal and fuel to play with LOL.

Ronaldsway BTW does not have to make everyone take their belt and shoes off, the regulations are I believe a random check, however it has been decided by those in charge that everyone will be subject to the same search, bloody embarrassing when they make an elderly lady who is clearly partially disabled go through the routine.

Pity that all this taxpayers money could not improve things for us taxpayers !!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the issue of security the most dangerous person is those of us who drive the aircraft, I mean they take everything off us as well, but give us tons of metal and fuel to play with LOL.

Ronaldsway BTW does not have to make everyone take their belt and shoes off, the regulations are I believe a random check, however it has been decided by those in charge that everyone will be subject to the same search, bloody embarrassing when they make an elderly lady who is clearly partially disabled go through the routine.

Pity that all this taxpayers money could not improve things for us taxpayers !!

January 2008, The wife and I flew to New York from Heathrow. Told to take our shoes/belt off at Reynoldsway yet Heathrow let us through. Mad...

I agree - flying to/from the Island is an unpleasant experience.

Me too - gave up flying to/from here a few years ago. OTT security, silly stupid rules about what you can carry, excessive random prices...not a pleasant experience at all. Everyone is treated like a terrorist - do we look like fookin ragheads? We never had all this crap in 25 years of the IRA.

I'm utterly baffled by air travel. Why can you get in your car, drive on a ferry, drive off the ferry and go about your way without making you strip, scanning you, carrying your toiletries around in a clear placcy bag, sniffing you, making you wait hours, trying to flog you all kinds of stuff you don't want, and shuffling you from holding pen to holding pen. And while this crap increases, so do the taxes we pay.

It's stupid that this has become the norm, stupid and wasteful. It's a flying bus, that's all.

exactly any raghead worth tuppence would know you drive a bomb on a boat .. set the timer foe an hour or 2 later a boom .. you get alot more souls for alah for bang thatway..

I'm utterly baffled by air travel. Why can you get in your car, drive on a ferry, drive off the ferry and go about your way without making you strip, scanning you, carrying your toiletries around in a clear placcy bag, sniffing you, making you wait hours, trying to flog you all kinds of stuff you don't want, and shuffling you from holding pen to holding pen. And while this crap increases, so do the taxes we pay.

It's stupid that this has become the norm, stupid and wasteful. It's a flying bus, that's all.

Right. Well the reason is obvious = it's almost impossible to crash a ferry into a nuclear power station or a city.

Yeh - a granny carrying a pair of tweezers or nail trimmers, and forced to take her shoes off for inspection is really going to make that happen.

Fact is human beings remember improbable and spectacular events and overreact wrt to their probability i.e. people don't understand risk probability. That's what much of the legislation of the last 10 years have been about.

Fact is, there's sensible security precautions, and there are bloody stupid ones - and more and more of the bloody stupid ones are appearing because security, and catering for countering the highly improbable, has become an industry in itself.

We know what 99.999% of these potential terrorists look like, and so I am in favour of profiling - and sod racial equality. I don't see why my white middle class granny should have to make up the search numbers and take her shoes off, for the billion to one shot she has gone over to allah and intends to snatch the pilot, hold him against her knitting needle and crash Flybe flight 5050 into Sellafield.

Pongo, you should know, if you behaved like that on a battlefield, and treated everyone as the enemy instead of observing who is, you wouldn't last 5 mins.

the truth is its just been another new labour job creation scheme why increase the armed forces when you can grab a country by the balls using your own civilians to socially engineer themselves.

...you get alot more souls for alah for bang thatway..

Airport security checks stop the opportunistic idiot, not the 'professional'.

What I find very poor with Ronaldsway is the cramped area.

And the world's most expensive coffee.

Hey-ho.

Right. Well the reason is obvious = it's almost impossible to crash a ferry into a nuclear power station or a city.

Maybe not but the Steam Packet'll give it a bloody good go.

ffs they park the boat right next to a nuclear power station at hesham .. couldnt get any closer if they drove to the front gates and slotted the gateman..

'however it has been decided by those in charge' - look no further than her Directressness.

At an airport west across the Irish Sea security staff cannot ask for shoes to be removed unless the security metal scanner is activated. Shoes are then x-rayed to discover they are, in fact, shoes.

You all must have realised by now that the regulations in force at IOM and many other brain-dead airports are there to create as little inconvenience to the security staff and b......r the passengers. The quiessence of the air-travelling public, worldwide, has allowed the airport 'security' farce to reach the levels it has done.

Maybe not but the Steam Packet'll give it a bloody good go.

ffs they park the boat right next to a nuclear power station at hesham .. couldnt get any closer if they drove to the front gates and slotted the gateman..

Nearly happerned a few years back when a truck was found full of explosives.... iirc though it was heading to Island.

Terran

Well unlesss the tourists intend to fly their cars to the island, in order to park them at the airport, I think it is safe to say that the demand will be from locals.

So either there is a huge unmet demand for parking at the airport, or for some as yet unknown reason, the number of locals who drop off someone at the airport, or who park and fly is going to dramatically increase.

(IMO a good airport shuttle bus service is far more attractive option - 12 seater minibus, pick up or drop off from your door to the airport for a fixed price according to zone.)

Now that is a simple, logical solution to a problem. We can't have that can we?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived