[BBC News] Woman is injured by bottle in bar

Newsbot

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no idea of the circumstances for this event, but it suprises me that people aren't injured from bottles / glasses being accidentally dropped from the balcony onto the dancefloor below!

An 18-year-old woman suffers a cut to her head when she is hit by a glass bottle in a bar in the Isle of Man.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7021495.stm

So strange how a glass bottle can just jump from a table and hit someone :huh:

I think this glass bottle needs to go on a "Glass Bottle Awareness Course" which should of course be paid for by the management of wherever it happend :D

Last 10

If it transpires this incident was the result of aggression fuelled by excessive alcohol consumption then imo the management of the premises in question should be held partly responsible.

to a very minor extent maybe, but if the dickhead factor is the main cause? it is unfair to blame staff. it would be like blaming the girl for being there.

to be fair, I understand the staff at the Outback, including the door staff, are probably some of the best in Douglas.

The Outback is a place where dickheads just aren't made welcome, altough it is getting difficult to know just who is walking about our Island these days.

The Outback was a brilliant place to go up until a few weeks ago. it would seem the head bouncer, Dave Coyle, has either quit the job or is taking a long break away from the door. Dave knows the doors inside out and has been a bouncer on the island for 20+ years. He knows who the dickheads are, and who to keep an eye on inside the club.

The new head doorman is a nice fella and a good doorman, but i don't think he has the experience to be a head doorman. I was in there last week and there were 4 bouncers on. 2 bouncers were doing the front door, but the other 2 bouncers were just having a chat on the stairs on the right as you walk in. No bouncer on the dancefloor like the used to be, and no bouncers walking round upstairs. So this incident hasn't really come as a shock to me, you cant run a club without having a good head bouncer!

Also, since Dave Coyle has not been there, the place hasn't been as busy as it usually is. Don't know if this is a coincidense, but in my opinion i think a lot of people feel safer knowing that Dave is on the door.

So if Steve Bowers is reading this, i suggest you do whatever possible to get Dave back!

2nd'd, Dave is a top bloke, and a top bouncer. I have heard of the Rovers having a new landlord, not been there in ages. Hope Martin hasn't reshuffled and changed the Outback.

2nd'd, Dave is a top bloke, and a top bouncer. I have heard of the Rovers having a new landlord, not been there in ages. Hope Martin hasn't reshuffled and changed the Outback.

The Outback has nothing to do with Bushys , it's owned by H&B !

The Outback has nothing to do with Bushys , it's owned by H&B !

Are you sure it is owned by H&B? I thought it was owned by Steve Bowers.

Archived