[BBC News] Woman is injured by bottle in bar

Newsbot

2nd'd, Dave is a top bloke, and a top bouncer. I have heard of the Rovers having a new landlord, not been there in ages. Hope Martin hasn't reshuffled and changed the Outback.

The Outback has nothing to do with Bushys , it's owned by H&B !

Are you sure it is owned by H&B? I thought it was owned by Steve Bowers.

100% sure , Steve has it on a tenancy ....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2nd'd, Dave is a top bloke, and a top bouncer. I have heard of the Rovers having a new landlord, not been there in ages. Hope Martin hasn't reshuffled and changed the Outback.

The Outback has nothing to do with Bushys , it's owned by H&B !

Are you sure it is owned by H&B? I thought it was owned by Steve Bowers.

100% sure , Steve has it on a tenancy ....

I always thought that is had something to do with Bushey's, shows how much i know :P

I worked at the outback for 8 and a half years as a doorman until an unfortunate run in with isle of man customs, objecting to some items I collected for many years!

I speak to Dave everyday and we are not pleased when we hear more and more stories of dickheads and incidents in there etc!

Dave is taking a long break at the moment, well deserved after 20+ years on the doors!

I've recently re-applied for my license and was refused although my "crime" was not one of violence or drugs related and from what I have been told, are the only reasons for refusal!

If you would like to see an experienced doorman of 10 years back on the door of the outback, one who asks for ID everytime and isn't swayed by the flutter of eyelids and a bulging cleavage, one who doesn't take any crap and knows every dickhead and isn't intimidated by them, then please write to the dept of home affairs and ask that I be re-instated!

You all know my name and if you dont well ask me! Thank you!

I worked at the outback for 8 and a half years as a doorman until an unfortunate run in with isle of man customs, objecting to some items I collected for many years!

I speak to Dave everyday and we are not pleased when we hear more and more stories of dickheads and incidents in there etc!

Dave is taking a long break at the moment, well deserved after 20+ years on the doors!

I've recently re-applied for my license and was refused although my "crime" was not one of violence or drugs related and from what I have been told, are the only reasons for refusal!

If you would like to see an experienced doorman of 10 years back on the door of the outback, one who asks for ID everytime and isn't swayed by the flutter of eyelids and a bulging cleavage, one who doesn't take any crap and knows every dickhead and isn't intimidated by them, then please write to the dept of home affairs and ask that I be re-instated!

You all know my name and if you dont well ask me! Thank you!

I can't see a problem with you being refused for a license apart from the fact your 'collection' could have got into the wrong hands at some point, and could have been used to some extent.

I personally think you were a good doorman Keven, but my original point was to the fact Dave should be back as head doorman, or at least someone who knows what they are doing as to organise the other bouncers. Like i've said, Geoff is a good doorman, but it would just seem he can't organise the other bouncers. Even Lee would have been better if he'd stuck at it!!

If you have the option to appeal to your license being refused i would do so asap.

Nice to hear from you anyway Kev

I do see your point of it getting in the wrong hands, but there wasn't much chance of that as only I knew about it, they weren't flashed about or talked about and my doors are always locked, but getting back on point it in no way affected how I did or can do my job!

I'm definately appealing it.

Ans your kind of getting off the track there mate and besides your wrong!! :D

The newspaper report looked pretty severe thopugh: weapons

Personally. I would like to see some sort of mechanism - any mechanism - that means we don't need bouncers or doormen. If that means we need to stop selling alcohol at 10pm or 11pm then so be it.

Our society is a sorry one that we allow pubs to get people off their fucken heads every weekend. The bouncers simply move trouble away from the premises. The dickheads then roam the streets in their drunken alcoholic haze.

Strand Street is a no go area for decent folk at times due to drunken yobs and yobessess. Is that the society we really want to live in?

The link you posted there is not showing the full article though, the report in the newspaper was 3 times bigger and gave a balanced story on why i collected them and how i became interested in them!

My friend also wrote to the editor asking that he give a more balanced report on the website, but it was ignored.

Unfortunately we are always going to need doormen as society is becoming increasingly violent. You only need to hear about how 2 police officers were stabbed last night in Kirk Micheal!!!

Stopping serving alcohol at 10 or 11pm wouldn't work either as people would just bring there own and if there were no doormen there then they wouldn't be searched!

Saying that the bouncers just move trouble away from there premises is abit of a sweeping statement, i can testify that i've had many a late night staying behind to make a statement after we called the police to take away an idiot when it would have been easier and less time consuming to just send them on their way, and that goes for alot of other decent doormen!

However I'm sure there are some doormen who dont care if the idiots go away to cause trouble somewhere else!

The newspaper report looked pretty severe thopugh: weapons

Personally. I would like to see some sort of mechanism - any mechanism - that means we don't need bouncers or doormen. If that means we need to stop selling alcohol at 10pm or 11pm then so be it.

Our society is a sorry one that we allow pubs to get people off their fucken heads every weekend. The bouncers simply move trouble away from the premises. The dickheads then roam the streets in their drunken alcoholic haze.

Strand Street is a no go area for decent folk at times due to drunken yobs and yobessess. Is that the society we really want to live in?

You talk like Strand Street is the wild west lol - its not even that bad, you must be seeing things I'm not.

Douglas isnt any where near as bad as most places in the UK.

Kevin David Sloane, you are a cock sucker hahahaha - get back on the door, I hate paying :P

It all comes down to the so often mentioned "drinking culture", doesn't it? As long as people go out with the mind set on getting sloshed instead of just drinking alcohol in moderation - and maybe even enjoying it - nuffin's gonna change. It's the same picture every weekend - the same people stumbling by my office window, urinating in the middle of the street, smashing stuff, shouting, occasional fighting, and the too familiar sound of police cars racing to incidents - just another weekend in Douglas...

It all comes down to the so often mentioned "drinking culture", doesn't it? As long as people go out with the mind set on getting sloshed instead of just drinking alcohol in moderation - and maybe even enjoying it - nuffin's gonna change. It's the same picture every weekend - the same people stumbling by my office window, urinating in the middle of the street, smashing stuff, shouting, occasional fighting, and the too familiar sound of police cars racing to incidents - just another weekend in Douglas...

Welcome to LA......................... :lol:

I do see your point of it getting in the wrong hands, but there wasn't much chance of that as only I knew about it, they weren't flashed about or talked about and my doors are always locked, but getting back on point it in no way affected how I did or can do my job!

I'm definately appealing it.

Ans your kind of getting off the track there mate and besides your wrong!! :D

Kev we both know things about it that i'm not going to post on this site, but their refusal is based on this evidence. it is only an excuse to refuse you. if you appeal and get your point across about your collection and why you had it i'm quiet sure you'll get it back! i know you are a good doorman from personal experiance, and you know me as well... you need to appeal asap and really try your best to get you and big dave back on the door!

kev send me a private message coz i don't really like commumicating on this site, coz people like ans just try and be-little people because he's admin, and paints false pictures about people.

Archived