What's Up With The Isle Of Man Post Office?

Shanghigh

Anybody else in the town centre of Douglas noticed how late the Post is getting lately?

I used to get my post about 11am on average, just recently (last two months or so its been on average 1pm, 1/2 the business day gone!!)

But yesterday I thought getting my post at 3.15 in the afternoon was a bit beyond the pale!

Anybody else in the town centre of Douglas noticed how late the Post is getting lately?

I used to get my post about 11am on average, just recently (last two months or so its been on average 1pm, 1/2 the business day gone!!)

But yesterday I thought getting my post at 3.15 in the afternoon was a bit beyond the pale!

Not sure if this is down to extra security checks they have in place now in terms of check/scanning mail...

My mail at home was always delivered before ten in the morning, now its about 11:30 or even 12:00.

I remeber talk that they were thinking of stopping the saturday post, anyone know if this is still likley to happen ?

Geo

Not sure if this is down to extra security checks they have in place now in terms of check/scanning mail...

More security checks... for what??

Jeez this place is getting more & more like Iran every day... they'll be censoring the Internet next... oh wait a minute.

They shafted the posties under the guise of a 'better deal' for the employees - the postmen didnt want to change their walks but have had to, they have to do this 3weeks on 1 week off type of thing. Not to mention they have garbage like Manx Tails and the property/ rags to deliver, as well.

I guess the IOM Post Office is going to turn into a profit driven organisation, with little care for the customer, like the UK postal service. I think there is more to the situation with the UK Post office than meets the eye though.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess the IOM Post Office is going to turn into a profit driven organisation,

I would say so, isn't there a new person in charge now?

Archived