[BBC News] Critically ill punch victim named

Newsbot

I lived in Preston for six years without requiring hospital treatment following a fight, does that make me more electable than Steve?

Not really. The ability to spend a few innocuous years in a small Lancastrian city does not rate that highly on the appeal of a political manifesto. If you had managed to bring to justice a mugger who, to all extents and purposes was barely able to stand up, then you may have got my vote. Perhaps even a little assistance on the campaign trail, but that would probably depend on your other policies.

Well, to round this one off, he was arrested mainly due to his [in my opinion] poor decision to walk out of a side alley headbutt me then turn around and pull out a stanley knife on the policeman stood 10 yards away loudly asking what was going on. He was convicted and jailed. the drugs issue only became apparent when the police went round to his house and discovered large quantities of drugs.

As for his ability to stand up, it seemed he was able to stand up very well, even with the weight of more than one police officer pushing trying to persuade him to lie on the ground.

Pleased to meet you keyboarder, feel free to look back through old threads to find outmore about my policies.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter is in her 2nd year at Preston Uni and so far hasnt seen or been involved in any hassle/trouble etc.

New hall Lane is not the pleasantest of places to be either during the day or night. Like other members on here have stated Preston has its troubles just like any other city (yes it got city status a few years back!)

I myself have worked in Preston and generally found the people lovely. Any one who thinks the people there are rough should try going for a night out a few miles south of Preston where I actually live........ the word rough is an understatement..... even people who come here for work from other areas in the Uk find the people here quite coarse.

Archived