[BBC News] Anti-social Manx drivers stopped

Newsbot

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got another one !!!

If car is displaying R plates the boot must contain at least three subs, the amp go to 11, there must be a "Pieinear" sticker across the back window and the cars model must start with GT and finish with IIIrRRrI turbo.

Got another one !!!

If car is displaying R plates the boot must contain at least three subs, the amp go to 11, there must be a "Pieinear" sticker across the back window and the cars model must start with GT and finish with IIIrRRrI turbo.

and an exhaust the size of a bucket!

Connected to that is a rather lovely story from the other side (i.e. England).

The pub I used to drink in was on the one way route around the town. The local lads would always spend Sunday evenings throbbing around the one way system with windows wide open, music blaring out. The pub had a few tables and chairs out on the pavement inthe summer and one Sunday evening the Manager had enough. So, hearing the bass thud which heralded the latest moron approaching, he pressed the pelican crossing button just by the pub so the young scalliwag had to stop, windows down. And good old Dave, (Gawd rest his soul) emptied the contents of a soda syphon into the driver's window. When the lights changed, of course, the driver had no option but to drive on, dripping with soda water.

Not that I would advocate anyone doing the same but, bloody hell, it was great to watch!

:)

There was a guy on Peel prom today - blaring death metal or thrash metal or some derivative from his car. I heard 'em a long time before I saw them. Only problem was there was all this music with attitude blaring from a brand new looking pristine condition renault...

If you're going to play your music loud then at least have the right car for the music you are playing

Maybe his hearse was in the garage for repairs ???

I was having a gentle ride on the bike around the course late yesterday afternoon. There was a lot of traffic about and everyone seemed to be driving sensibly. I came up behind an Audi RS4 which seemed anxious to proceed. It made a couple of quick passes on various cars on the Cronk-y-Voddy but made a dangerous one just after the cross roads.

I came across the same car quite a few times before Ramsey and while it was well behaved in the restricted areas it used its considerable acceleration to pass cars in some quite hairy positions.

I passed the car in slow moving traffic in a restricted area but observing the limit myself and continued steadily over the mountain. Just when I was rounding Windy Corner and about to pass a car travelling at around 50mph on the exit, the Audi shoots up the inside travelling at racing speed and weaves around overtaking cars on the way to the 33rd.

The car is quite capable of Superbike speeds, but is a good deal heavier and wider than a motorcycle, there is no way he would have been able to avoid me if I had indicated to move out, he came so quickly that I was unable to see him in my mirrors on the bend.

This could have been a similar incident to the one at Union Mills where the driver has absolutely no consideration for others and drives in a totally selfish manner at a time when the roads are busy.

I'll be looking out for reports of an Audi RS4 involved in a high speed accident!

Archived