Geoff Cannell Memorial

Max Power

My favorite memory of Geoff was the 1992 TT. Trevor Nation had been disqualified on the norton for having an oversized fuel tank. In 1992 he returned with Oxford Products Ducati, who were staying at our place. The OP Boss setup a gag and ran out after the F1 in a white coat (With 'Official Fuel Tank Measurer' on the back) and a measuring tape and started measuring Trevor's Tank. GC was commneting on the radio that he was sure that the measurements are usually taken via volume, and not extrnal measurements.

My, how we all giggled.

Happy Days

RIP Geoff.

As someone said in this thread: Surely this sort of thing should be for riders...?

I agree – If we are to go down the road (no pun intended) of erecting monuments to TT commentators, then the first one should be in memory of the true voice of the TT – the late Peter Kneale.

Peter Kneale is inded the 'original' voice of the TT, and he has the Press Centre at the Grandstand named after him in his honour.

However I would have thought Geoff Cannell was most definately deserving of something too, perhaps the new Conference Room that was introduced for this years TT?

As others have stated though, it's something for the TT community really.

Peter Kneale is inded the 'original' voice of the TT, and he has the Press Centre at the Grandstand named after him in his honour.

However I would have thought Geoff Cannell was most definately deserving of something too, perhaps the new Conference Room that was introduced for this years TT?

As others have stated though, it's something for the TT community really.

That sums it up ideally for me.

Archived