[BBC News] Island hotel may be knocked down

Newsbot

He Is Over The Last - have you not tried the Five Continents at The Regency or The Swiss Chalet in Glen Helen?

Both very agreeable restaurants and not over the top on their pricing for what you get imho. I also like Casa Rosa at Glen Duff but you can't enjoy a glass of vino there sadly.

I had the pleasure of dining in two Michelin restaurants on a trip to Germany a few years back (one was 3 star rated, the other - in our hotel was 2 star rated) both experiences were something else but I don't know if it's something that would necessarily be viable on the Isle of Man (I could be wrong there, I guess that depends on just how many high flying exec's come to visit the island on business throughout the course of a year).

Evening Mission

Yes I have been to both and just about every other establishment on the Isle of Man.

The Swiss Chalet is over priced and of very dull atmosphere, quality of food being the main let down.

Casa Rosa is quite good, with extremely large portions but extremely long waiting time for food, well over priced but as near as you may yet get to quality.

It is a shame he only opens two days a week, when the same patrons had La Rosette in Ballasalla I would say in my opinion it was the best and has since to be equalled.

Professional service and quality food is lacking on the Island and far behind many other countries. Mission I recommend (if you are a food fan) to get yourself down to Ludlow to start with.

Thanks for a measured response.

He is over the last

Edit

PS I forgot to mention the Five Continents. Dingy dark and poor food although service was very good.

Archived