Dandara/heritage

He is over the last

"By the left yesser"

Did you say plastic chimney stack? that must be a bugger to dress the apron and gutterback around it

one good whack with a decent flat dresser and you would probably go through the feckin thing,

I would not like one of those on my house, and what do you burn upon your fire in these there thaltans,

"plastic coal" and where do you get it , I'll ring Clugston's and ask them if they sell plastic coal....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'simply the quality and appearance of the work. The densely packed magnolia infection in the outskirts of most of our towns simply looks bad' - correct. Dandara and Heritage have desicrated acres of this Island with their abysmal, unimaginative ticky-tacky boxes but don't shoot them, they're just the messengers. The real blame for the increasing blots on the Manx landscape lies with the 'Planners' (and that term is used very losely) who have had it within their powers to impose design and layout specifications on the developers - but haven't either because they can't be bothered, because they too lack any imagination or aesthetic view of preserving the 'manxness' of house design, or, as seems to be the case, the developers have simply told them to £$!(* off because we'll do just what we want to (and here's a brown paper bag to smooth things over). The latter is pure conjecture, you understand?

Had a look back in April at 4 'apartments' in that new block at the bottom of Empress Drive. The quality of the finish was frankly rubbish. The object seems to have been to fit them out as cheaply and shoddily as possible.

Nedless to say we didn't buy.

I see the back of the building is showing signs of mould already.

If thats todays building standards then they ( building regs ) need to be revised.

On a side issue wasn't one of the infamous companies cited/alleged/suspected as having a 'too close' relationship with a local government officer recently?

(and here's a brown paper bag to smooth things over). The latter is pure conjecture, you understand?

I wouldn't be surprised at all.........................

In the five years I lived in my house on Governors Hill, I had no problems with it at all, no cracking as related elsewhere.

It was a 5 year old house. What were you expecting?

Subsidence?

Pestilence?

Plague pits?

The opening of a primeordial swamp?

Maybe your easily satisfied.

I wouldn't piss in most to the crap that's thrown up these days.

To go back to the original question

Quite a lot of Manx people have had a good living from this company, many of them not even tradesmen

In fact this company has provided opportunities for many local people, both professional and in some cases the otherwise unemployable

Need I say more..........

Farmhill Manner . . . Dandara have launched an aoppeal

"No conscience or morals"

"Corporate greed"

"..take Heritage out of their sales manifest...don't know the meaning of the word"

Today's Manx Radio report:-

20071004_Heritage_Homes___Bill_Malarkey.mp3

Farmhill Manner . . . Dandara have launched an aoppeal

Of course they've launched an appeal, you're not going to give up at the first hurdle when millions of pounds worth of prime development is at stake....

They often crack on with 'site clearance' before being granted planning permission, which can annoy the locals and officials, it's like they know they're going to get planning so why hold off? In many cases that may be tue but its quite arrogant.

Also, the Government move the goal posts, which makes matters worse. Look at Dandaras Victoria Street sales office, they bought the building, designed it, put in for planning, waited months and then the Government decided to try and get it listed. It was a shit hole, full of dead animals and structurally unsafe. and they weren't bothered about it until Dandara put their plans in and it's the same with Farmhill Manor.

The other thing is, what's going to happen to it when it's listed? It's on the edge of a business park, with uninterrupted views of the MT and Dandara HQs....Even if the current owner did decide to spend a few million renovating it, who would buy it? They are stuck with, in effect, a worthless building unless it loses it's listed status, in fact more than worthless because they'd have to maintain it.

Why would they not appeal against that? If it was my land and zoned for development (DLGE do the zoning, in case anyone forgets) and someone decided to slap listed status on a building just as I was about to knock it down, I'd be annoyed.

Well, they have started clearance work in earnest in Farmhill, despite the Courier last week reporting that the manor house there would not lose its special status and negotiations being ongoing with the DHSS regarding an EMI unit.

Keep listening for the sound of fire engines.... possibly.

Well i personally think you need to blame the people who sold the land to them.

After all if they didnt have it they would not be able to build.

I personally think they need to build houses that are a bit less in your face, if they just build houses that blended a bit more into the countryside.

All they would need to do is maybe have less render and say a bit of timber cladding.

These magnolia boxes stand out a mile off, time the planners made them less of a blight.

Also Dandara are building more in the UK now and less here because the island is too small for them now they have grown so big.

1. It was a shit hole, full of dead animals and structurally unsafe. and they weren't bothered about it until Dandara put their plans in and it's the same with Farmhill Manor.

2. The other thing is, what's going to happen to it when it's listed? It's on the edge of a business park, with uninterrupted views of the MT and Dandara HQs....Even if the current owner did decide to spend a few million renovating it, who would buy it? They are stuck with, in effect, a worthless building unless it loses it's listed status, in fact more than worthless because they'd have to maintain it.

1. Just because somewhere is full of dead animals does not negate its historical worth. See Peel Castle.

2. Obviously another piece of land in mind as there are no uninterrupted views to MT and is quite far away from the Business Park.

They are stuck with, in effect, a worthless building unless it loses it's listed status, in fact more than worthless because they'd have to maintain it.

Awe my heart is bleeding for them. If they dont want it they could always be nice and give it to MNH, Im sure the government could make use of it, maybe an art gallery type stately home, like that place I like by Bath, Longleat. Oooh yes yes yes, we could have lions too and other things like that, make it a nice place for tourists to go to.

If I bought a house with the intention of knocking it down and building loads in its place and someone (the govt) stopped me, who would care? Such is Dandara, who cares if they have a building they can do nothing with?

It was a 5 year old house. What were you expecting?

Subsidence?

Pestilence?

Plague pits?

The opening of a primeordial swamp?

Maybe your easily satisfied.

I wouldn't piss in most to the crap that's thrown up these days.

You sound like a really nice person.

All I was doing was replying to someone who stated that the houses were full of cracks and you come along with a box full of sarcy comments. Nice

Archived