Dandara/heritage

He is over the last

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent a week in August meandering through some of the canals in northern England - went into Manchester for a night and was quite shocked by the terribly shabby looking new Dandara built apartments & Dandara bill-boards as you get into town.

Some of them already look like bits are falling off them - I can only describe them as something of a very badly done copy of the badly done apartments along the Costa Del Sol!!

Looks like they've got rather pally with another 'local' that owns much of the land around the canals in that area.

'simply the quality and appearance of the work. The densely packed magnolia infection in the outskirts of most of our towns simply looks bad' - correct. Dandara and Heritage have desicrated acres of this Island with their abysmal, unimaginative ticky-tacky boxes but don't shoot them, they're just the messengers. The real blame for the increasing blots on the Manx landscape lies with the 'Planners' (and that term is used very losely) who have had it within their powers to impose design and layout specifications on the developers - but haven't either because they can't be bothered, because they too lack any imagination or aesthetic view of preserving the 'manxness' of house design, or, as seems to be the case, the developers have simply told them to £$!(* off because we'll do just what we want to (and here's a brown paper bag to smooth things over). The latter is pure conjecture, you understand?

I have long suspected the passing of a fat brown envelope somewhere along the line. Next time anyone is passing The Level in Colby, check out the 'Manx style farmhouse in keeping with the local area' being built by Hartford Homes. In keeping with the area my arse! It's a very large 5-bedroom (?) 3-garage detached building which, only half completed, already towers over the railway cottage of which the owner has not only lost his view but I suspect light as well. Recently the local residents pointed out to the planning office that the overall height of the building had been increased without permission. The planners did a reviewed inspection, to which their response was, in a nutshell, 'the building is so big anyway, it doesn't really matter'. However, they did pick up on the fact that the developer has included more windows, so they've instructed the developer to apply for retrospective planning. And the point of that would be......?

You know, for a week or so you were posting quite normally keyboarder - and now you revert to the old double lol gag again - shame...

There's no need for you to be gagging (other than for it, lol,lol..... ) but actually I was responding to the bees, who I expect will smile after the weekend but if not oh well, lol....... So uuh, mind your own??? ; )...

I love the woodchip floors in the bathrooms and kitchens... a little bit of a flood and your through the bloody things. I went to isolate some electrics in a kitchen when the bathroom above flooded and the chipboard was sagging like a 90 year olds breasts. Surely chipboard floors are a no go in bathrooms/kitchens? My dad is a joiner and he would never even think of it.

Effing woodchip floors. There should be a law against it's use......

Saying that, it's not just HH that use this. My current house was built by 'reputable' local builders in the early 90's and has chipboard floors throughout.

Small leak from my shower and the floor is more blown than Hugh Grant in Hollywood.

Archived