Remember Remember The 5th Of October

Declan

Remember! It's not too late to foil the perfidious ne'er-do-wells in the Tax Department despicable scheme to fund their Christmas Party. In case you haven't heard of their plot, it involves charging you £50 if you fail to complete a form that tells them information they already know. Tomorrow is the last day to get your form in.

Being an organized chap, who doesn't like to leave everything to the last minute, I took my form in today. Whilst there I was staggered by the great lengths the Treasury boys and girls go to in their quest to inconvenience the public. Most organisations who were expecting large numbers of people to visit their offices to drop off a form (especially if it is a totally unnecessary form and you are planning to fine them if they don't hand it in) would make it as easy as possible for them. But no, that would mean one of the lazy malingering gits would have to set aside the caviar, cocaine and rent boys and collect the forms, so you are forced to take the form to the second floor.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember! It's not too late to foil the perfidious ne'er-do-wells in the Tax Department despicable scheme to fund their Christmas Party. In case you haven't heard of their plot, it involves charging you £50 if you fail to complete a form that tells them information they already know. Tomorrow is the last day to get your form in.

Being an organized chap, who doesn't like to leave everything to the last minute, I took my form in today. Whilst there I was staggered by the great lengths the Treasury boys and girls go to in their quest to inconvenience the public. Most organisations who were expecting large numbers of people to visit their offices to drop off a form (especially if it is a totally unnecessary form and you are planning to fine them if they don't hand it in) would make it as easy as possible for them. But no, that would mean one of the lazy malingering gits would have to set aside the caviar, cocaine and rent boys and collect the forms, so you are forced to take the form to the second floor.

Fuck me, caviar, cocaine and rent boys !

Pimp my tax form

Isn't there a box on the ground floor reception?

I completed my mother's tax return earlier this week; last minute as per usual, but the nick of time approach was almost foiled by finding that all the info gathered months ago had probably been put in the freezer so I had to reconstruct the information; thankfully, it was remarkably easy to get the info needed.

According to the sign next to the letterbox at government offices "All tax returns deposited in the box over the weekend will be treated as returned before the deadline", or at least it did when I posted my through at 5am today.

So if you haven't done it yet, you've got until the early hours of Monday and it means I could have done mine over the weekend as I have been planning to do since June. Slack b*****d that I am.

Remember! It's not too late to foil the perfidious ne'er-do-wells in the Tax Department despicable scheme to fund their Christmas Party. In case you haven't heard of their plot, it involves charging you £50 if you fail to complete a form that tells them information they already know.

How do they know about my allowances?

I'm always a good boy, form in nice and early, rebate cheque already banked thanks very much.

Rather in my pocket than theirs.

Ditto

I've done 3 returns this year and I'd rather get them done sooner than later. Get them out of the way rather than have it hanging over you.

I'm always a good boy, form in nice and early, rebate cheque already banked thanks very much.

Rather in my pocket than theirs.

Ditto

I've done 3 returns this year and I'd rather get them done sooner than later. Get them out of the way rather than have it hanging over you.

There's me thinking I'm all alone (and quite sad) in getting my return in early and said cheque banked and spent! In saying that though, am still waiting for another cheque :angry: Comeon Malcolm, get yer skates on mate!

I have to admit that I have not done mine yet :( After moving house twice in 5 months my paperwork is a bit unorganised. This year I have three tax returns to complete as I have to sort out my late father's estate stuff too *sigh*

This year I have three tax returns to complete as I have to sort out my late father's estate stuff too *sigh*

Same here, but I found the tax dept remarkably helpful and sympathetic to the situation. I did have a slight panic when they wrote asking for the final estate account and I phoned, expecting a bit of an "argument", to explain that I hadn't needed to apply for probate or letters of administration and as such there were no estate accounts and they simply said that it was fine and could I just give them written confirmation of the situation.

Archived