Remember Remember The 5th Of October

Declan

Why not just post it in? It's dead easy and so far as I'm aware, you get no more bother.

I'd still have to complete the form. And find an envelope. And buy a stamp. That's more hassle and an extra 20p.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not just post it in? It's dead easy and so far as I'm aware, you get no more bother.

I'd still have to complete the form. And find an envelope. And buy a stamp. That's more hassle and an extra 20p.

Are you simple or something? The envelope is provided and it doesn't need a stamp. Still if you can't fill in the form suppose you must be simple.

Try care in the community, Mr Teare will be pleased to look after you.

What I don't understand is every year the lickspittle waistrals in the Treasury with their truffles, monkey slaves and robotic sex toys, make me fill in this blooming unnecessary form so I can tell them what they already know. Meanwhile the Government, of whom the income tax department is a nominal part spend most of the year consulting with the public on every last minute detail of everything - whether to put stuff in the water, whether to take stuff out of the water, whether to have more taxi drivers or less taxi drivers, whether taxi drivers should be added to the water, my thoughts on retailing, broadcasting and whether some dog should die are sought.

But at no time have I been asked if I want to fill out a pointless form on pain of a fine. Yet every year I am required to complete this stupid bureaucratic absurdity and every year it pisses me off more than almost anything they do even more than Tony Brown's tone of voice (you know how he always manages to sound like he's lying even when you know he is telling the truth); even more than Earnshaw!

How hard can it be for them to consult with us on this issue anyway? They are sending us a form to complete, that we have to fill in or they'll fine us! All the bleeders need to do is add an extra question. I suggest "On a Scale of 1 to 10 how futile was the completion of this form, with one being very futile and ten being the Department of Tourism and Leisure."

...don't worry, next year you can do it from your lil' ivory tower,online and in less time than it took you to think up the clever words you chose to use above. :P

...don't worry, next year you can do it from your lil' ivory tower,online and in less time than it took you to think up the clever words you chose to use above. :P

IoM is behind in this - UK already has online returns - with a later 31 Jan deadline for online returns - some of which gets filled in automatically.

If there was an effective opposition party or media, one might expect them to use this as opportunity to criticise the govt for failing to keep up with their own eGovernment strategy - but there isn't, so rather than being kept on their toes, they can just shamble along.

...don't worry next year you can do it from your lil' ivory tower,online and in less time than it took you to think up the clever words you chose to use above. :P

You are missing the point. On-Line, by post, in person, I should not have to fill in a form to tell the Government what they already know.

Do the Government know what my mortgage is? What professional subscriptions I pay? If I have private medical insurance or life insurance?

In which case the onus should be on you to tell them. Not on me to tell them that I haven't.

Do the Government know what my mortgage is? What professional subscriptions I pay? If I have private medical insurance or life insurance?

Yes, and they know what colour pants your wearing and what you had for tea :ph34r:

Not until eBorders comes in.

In which case the onus should be on you to tell them. Not on me to tell them that I haven't.

You're right. It is a pain to remember to do that though. If only there was a form I could just update, maybe every year.

wtf are you whinging about - the IOM tax form must be one of the easiest and quickest to fill in I've ever seen. Try a German one and you know what hell looks like on paper - even tax advisors in ze heimatland have at times admitted defeat at the sight of one.

Archived