Mame

MarcusAurelius

Can anyone help me with MAME at all.

Firstly I used to have an application that would just require me to open it up and select which ROM to play.Unfortunately it was on an external hard drive which has died. Anyone got any ideas about which version of MAME it would be

Secondly there are loads of versions of MAME on the net , can anyone recommend a simple to use version ?

I am a total NooB when it comes to dos prompts etc.. so I would have difficulty with those type of MAME applications.

Thanks in Advance

Firstly I used to have an application that would just require me to open it up and select which ROM to play.Unfortunately it was on an external hard drive which has died. Anyone got any ideas about which version of MAME it would be

Secondly there are loads of versions of MAME on the net , can anyone recommend a simple to use version ?

I am a total NooB when it comes to dos prompts etc.. so I would have difficulty with those type of MAME applications.

Thanks in Advance

If you need a full set of ROMs just give me a shout Mark, I'm not bang up to date (my version is 0.103u1, with a ROM set to match) but TBH bugger all of any note has been added since then anyway.

I run a relatively stripped out version of MAME (I don't bother with the CHD (compressed hard drive) games because they're almost all crap and run like shit anyway), so the whole lot only runs to just under 15GB.

My preferred version of MAME is MAME32FX, which is an optimised version of MAME32.

Thanks in Advance

If you need a full set of ROMs just give me a shout Mark, I'm not bang up to date (my version is 0.103u1, with a ROM set to match) but TBH bugger all of any note has been added since then anyway.

I run a relatively stripped out version of MAME (I don't bother with the CHD (compressed hard drive) games because they're almost all crap and run like shit anyway), so the whole lot only runs to just under 15GB.

My preferred version of MAME is MAME32FX, which is an optimised version of MAME32.

I could do with any help.Whatever you have got which you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah Nemesis! Loved that game. Just can't quite get to grips with using a keyboard now though. I also play Splatterhouse, Pang and the Track and Field/Hypersports games which are great fun.

BUT

Can anyone recommend a 6 button arcade joypad of sorts that I could use with a PC for things like Killer Instinct, Nemesis, etc? I found that this one would do the job X-Arcade Tankstick but it's a pretty hefty price.

Ah Nemesis! Loved that game. Just can't quite get to grips with using a keyboard now though. I also play Splatterhouse, Pang and the Track and Field/Hypersports games which are great fun.

BUT

Can anyone recommend a 6 button arcade joypad of sorts that I could use with a PC for things like Killer Instinct, Nemesis, etc? I found that this one would do the job X-Arcade Tankstick but it's a pretty hefty price.

The wired 360 gamepad is the gentleman's MAME pad of choice.

BUT

The wired 360 gamepad is the gentleman's MAME pad of choice.

Not exactly what I was looking for but I'll give it a go, it's got to be better than a keyboard anyway.

OK, some help required. Got the xbox360 wired controller, works fine (tried it on NFS Carbon). Can't get it to work with anything on Mame32 though. Got into the controls screen in TAB, but it won't recognise the controller.

Any ideas?

Archived