[BBC News] Officials to meet airline's owner

Newsbot

from energy fm

It's been confirmed EuroManx's parent company has been subject to a management buyout.

Euromanx was one of several companies that came under the umbrella of Corporate Jet Services.

The new organisation is called Quest Aviation Services. No press statement has yet been made.

The Department of Transport says it's waiting to discuss the implications of the buyout with the company.

The Commercial Director of EuroManx Seamus Burne resigned last week

No. Manx airlines was as, if not more, expensive (even 6 years ago) than current operators although it did provide an in-flight service which some local airlines would do well to try and emulate (and one foreign operator to the Island does already). The records will show that Manx Airines, too, was constantly under attack in the press and on the Onchan omnibus. The great shame on the Government, which has been the most vociferous critic of airline operations on the Island when it has been the architect of the disruption to services since Manx's demise, is that it did not provide stautory protection to services which it could so easily have done.

I would have thought that if this place is to be taken seriously as a player in in a modern business world environment then good, reliable transport links are essential.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's not the case at the moment. And I'd suggest the widespread user disatisfaction indicates that.

No. Manx airlines was as, if not more, expensive (even 6 years ago) than current operators although it did provide an in-flight service which some local airlines would do well to try and emulate (and one foreign operator to the Island does already). The records will show that Manx Airines, too, was constantly under attack in the press and on the Onchan omnibus. The great shame on the Government, which has been the most vociferous critic of airline operations on the Island when it has been the architect of the disruption to services since Manx's demise, is that it did not provide stautory protection to services which it could so easily have done.

Suit yourself :)

Personally I never had a problem with Manx Airlines, and didn't mind paying a bit extra for a dependable, reliable service.

The IOM's air carriers are now such an utter shambles that I refuse to fly at all, such is the likelihood of disruption, so it's the good old Ben to Heysham and nothing else.

How business flyers view our current tin-bucket aviation entrepreneurs, I dread to think.

Archived