[BBC News] Airport unveils VIP terminal plan

Newsbot

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the new £4m development could be built by the end of 2008

Ouch! Why can't they just use the normal terminal bulding FFS?

You have just spent £30million on your new Gulfstream

You bring it to the Island on the back of the VAT and aircraft registry initiative

You fly in over beautiful countryside

And the first contact you get is being asked whether you have been in contact with any farm animals....thats after having splashed through chemically treated carpet tiles.

:D

Freedom to Flourish indeed!

the new £4m development could be built by the end of 2008

Ouch! Why can't they just use the normal terminal bulding FFS?

because then they would have to go through security with the rest of you plebs of course :)

Quite right too. I don't buy a private jet to travel steerage. :)

Let's face it: It's not a proper airport unless Abramovich can land his A380 there in the future, so: Sorry castletown, gotta make space for massive runway extension and new terminal - all for the good of the island, of course. All residents of castletown will be reloacted to Ramsey - please look out for yellow leaflets informing you of citizen collection day, when you will be moved. Thank you. Now feel free to flourish.

Airport bosses say it would allow them to offer a discrete, high quality and efficient service ...

So are we common clods going to suffer an indiscrete, low quality and inefficient service then?

To whom exactly? Posh and Becks? Putin?

However I wouldn't expect to see anyone employed by the tax payers (MHKs and MLCs and legal folk and the like) trotting around in there pretending to be VIPs.

Who's paying for this?

Err I don't think so. I think you probably need to go and review the reverse charging rules again for goods & services as from what you state it implies that the IoM entity will be paying a large VAT cheque over to the Government on purchase. I think clients of IoM CSPs would be very upset if that was the case.

All going on about the "tax payers" money....the reverse charged VAT from one decent sized corporate jet structured through the IOM will cover the costs in a heartbeat.....

All going on about the "tax payers" money....the reverse charged VAT from one decent sized corporate jet structured through the IOM will cover the costs in a heartbeat.....

so vat of 40 million on one decent sized corporate jet??? i don't class low hour 747's as corporate jets...

so vat of 40 million on one decent sized corporate jet??? i don't class low hour 747's as corporate jets...

Where's the £40million coming from dude? Article says it will cost £4million.....

Archived