Please Vote For Back Door Slam

Stef

The band are currently on Yahoo! Music's "Who's Next?" page and are in the Users' Choice poll to win some Yahoo studio time. They're facing some extremely strong competition and every vote'll count – even if you're not a fan it'd be ace to see some Manx lads do well, so please vote! No registration required, just a quick click:

http://music.yahoo.com/promo-29644410

Cheers!

The band are currently on Yahoo! Music's "Who's Next?" page and are in the Users' Choice poll to win some Yahoo studio time. They're facing some extremely strong competition and every vote'll count – even if you're not a fan it'd be ace to see some Manx lads do well, so please vote! No registration required, just a quick click:

http://music.yahoo.com/promo-29644410

Cheers!

Done, it's worth a look for the "Come Home" video.

you're absolutely right, they'd be fucking nothing without Ross. Not entirely sure what you mean by needs to improve so much though, they're looking to get coverage and publicity not for an entry to the blues hall of fame. They're equally as good if not alot better performers as the vast majority of bands in the UK charts today.

They're equally as good if not alot better performers as the vast majority of bands in the UK charts today.

Why would they set their sights on that? They play blues, in a way that is tired and cliched. If you're talking about "performers" they are very weak and definitely not better than most things in the UK charts in my opinion, but maybe I say them on an 'off' night. Their stage presence is non-existent - tailor's dummies would look like they were enjoying it more! I read a recent 'review' by John Gregory of a performance in Texas likening them to Clapton, etc - pissed myself at that - so someone thinks they belong in the hall of fame.

Sorry. I love music, live music especially and would be the first to rave and get enthusiastic about an act I thought was genuinely talented and had a future, but what BDS do simply isn't it and just being from the Island isn't enough. I think they would get a lot better as a band if people stopped lavishing undeserved praise on them and gave them some constructive critiicism instead.

Manx crab syndrome alert!

I think some of the comments made on this thread, are out of order.

They are a (good) MANX band doing alright for themselves, let them have the limelight to which they deserve.

I voted for them, it's not even a musical genre which im into, but if these guys are making waves. The least we all can do is SUPPORT them.

Anyway im off to make a bluegrass drum and bass soundtrack to which i hope will be a Mercury nominated album, but stop.......i best not, as you will only slag me off if i win it.

Oh well.

I've voted for them.

I love their music - their songs and how they've arranged them. I love blues music anyway, and I say best of luck guys!

Music will always be down to personal choice, and so it should be.

Personally I think it's great to have a band play their music and let their music do the talking, with no need to pratt and prance around the stage or be full of your own image, these 3 guys do what musicians do - they play great tunes, and it is music written and arranged by themselves. No manufactured hype. I for one applaud them.

Archived