Pro "italian Job" Tours

sideways

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was just an accident waiting to happen. The location of the Protours depot is hopelessly inappropriate and I am amazed that there hasn’t been a serious incident before now.

Furthermore, it would not surprise me if this accident was caused by mechanical failure of the vehicles braking system. It worries me that the main coach operator on the island continues to use decrepit 20 year old buses. The one in the picture looks like one of these knackered old Leylands they use on the school runs :(

This taken from the protours website

Chassis: Leyland Tiger TRCT11/3LZM built 1990 (70); TRCTL11/3R built 1985 (71); TRCT11/3LZ built 1986 (72); TRCTL11/3ARZ built 1989 (73)

Body: Plaxton Derwent 3000 C70F (70/72); Wadham Stringer DP71F (71); Duple 320 C70F (73)

Last Operator & Previous registration numbers: South Glos Bus Co, Patchway G543 XWS (70) and D840 JHW (72); Ministry of Defence B822 YTC (71); Bell (Rutherfords), Eastergate GKZ 8843, UTF 119, F791 JTV (73)

70 - BMN 111A[iii] 71 - EMN 111U 72 - FMN 111U 73 - H111 MAN[iv]

On the other hand it could be driver error... Which is isn't so good either :o

This was just an accident waiting to happen........................

.....The location of the Protours depot is hopelessly inappropriate......................

.... mechanical failure of the vehicles braking system........................

....decrepit 20 year old buses....................

....knackered old Leylands........................

....it could be driver error........................

Uh, hedging your bets? You seem to have covered everything here, lol...... ; )

Chassis: Leyland Tiger TRCT11/3LZM built 1990 (70); TRCTL11/3R built 1985 (71); TRCT11/3LZ built 1986 (72); TRCTL11/3ARZ built 1989 (73)

Body: Plaxton Derwent 3000 C70F (70/72); Wadham Stringer DP71F (71); Duple 320 C70F (73)

Last Operator & Previous registration numbers: South Glos Bus Co, Patchway G543 XWS (70) and D840 JHW (72); Ministry of Defence B822 YTC (71); Bell (Rutherfords), Eastergate GKZ 8843, UTF 119, F791 JTV (73)

70 - BMN 111A[iii] 71 - EMN 111U 72 - FMN 111U 73 - H111 MAN[iv]

On the other hand it could be driver error... Which is isn't so good either :o

You seem quite angry for the sad anorak type who has gone to the trouble of tracing the history of a bus. Do you masturbate over steam trains as well?

Apparently Michael Caine was stood at the back saying: "Nobody move, I've got an idea"

I was nowhere near the area and rumours of white paint from a Mini on the rear of the coach and broken headlight glass on the road are completely unfounded.

I wish I'd known about it though, it would have made a good photo, especially if we'd dug out the red and blue Minis as well -

http://www.italianjob.info/gallery/photo.php?photo=30

This was just an accident waiting to happen........................

.....The location of the Protours depot is hopelessly inappropriate......................

.... mechanical failure of the vehicles braking system........................

....decrepit 20 year old buses....................

....knackered old Leylands........................

....it could be driver error........................

Uh, hedging your bets? You seem to have covered everything here, lol...... ; )

Yep! Only 'Act of God' seems to be missing! :D

• 1 year later...

A Friend who works for Protours has just said they have to out of the Summer Hill site by the end of December, Not sure where they are moving to or whats happening? I thought Tours owned that plot of land but apparently not. Not sure if the Accident had anything to do with the coming move or whats going to replace Tours on this site.

Archived