[BBC News] Carers lobby for respite changes

Newsbot

Carers who threatened to withdraw their labour, have given the government longer to respond to their proposals.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7056217.stm

I don't think you have to go to Europe now. You can claim your Human Rights here on the island.

Good luck to them. Carers save the government thousands of pounds. People like this who know how the system is actually working need to speak out more.Otherwise the government will just issue glossy brochures and say everything is wonderful. It is not.

It's the same with disabled access. Let's hear from the people who are actually affected by the shameful lack of disabled access on the island. They should be demanding action from the government too.

Saves the government thousands of pounds every week.

And what does the government shell out to the people who save it so much?

A pathetic Carers Allowance - £48.65 a week providing care is given for AT LEAST 35 hours a week.

An hourly wage/pittance/ of £1.39 an hour

Tightwad bunch of f*ckers.

Anyone fancy that wage level?

I think not.

And now

DHSS hikes up home care charges
Clicky do

£15 quid an hour?

A slight difference from the pathetic Carers Allowance - £48.65 a week providing care is given for AT LEAST 35 hours a week.

An hourly wage/pittance/ of £1.39 an hour as opposed to £15.

PS If anyone knows contacts for or is is part of ACHE, please pm me. Time I joined the party.

The number of pensioners on the island has increased by 100% in number in 5 short years (2001 census v 2006 census), so what's going to happen in 10, 15 or 20 years? The care bills are only going to get higher and higher.

The real issue here is quality of care and price, and if we keep importing pensioners, we'll not be able to afford to provide any decent care at all.

I hope the politicians consider this during their current hearings on immigration. Sorry to sound selfish, but in my book charity begins at home, and to those that have paid into the Manx system for that care. We are importing many of the wrong people IMO.

and to those that have paid into the Manx system for that care.
Try getting some assistance for someone WHO HAS paid in - waste of f*cking time.

Archived