Quick 360 Question...

K.os Theory

Plus some of the old Cube titles aren't too shabby either.

Virtual Console also has some gems but you could obviously use an emulator to save some dosh.

Wii's are still like gold dust mind you.

I've had mine since launch and still love it.

New chipsets? Now I'm even more confused about which one to go for. A wii it is then.

Wii doesn't even compare to the 360.Seriously without any impartiality , if someone came to me ( my shop ) and ask what would be the best console to get this christmas it has to be 360

So many good games , competitvely priced and with a good guarantee from Microsoft

It is the must have console

Wii doesn't even compare to the 360.Seriously without any impartiality , if someone came to me ( my shop ) and ask what would be the best console to get this christmas it has to be 360

So many good games , competitvely priced and with a good guarantee from Microsoft

It is the must have console

I think that's a bit missleading. We've got both in our house, plus a good games PC, and the kids love the wii most of all. I think it depends what you're after. What the wii has proved is that most people don't actually give a fuck about specs, power, high def, they just want easy games to play.

In fact, even with a wii, good pc, 360 in the house, the thing the kids play most is..... the PS2.

Different markets almost.

I think that's a bit missleading. We've got both in our house, plus a good games PC, and the kids love the wii most of all. I think it depends what you're after. What the wii has proved is that most people don't actually give a fuck about specs, power, high def, they just want easy games to play.

In fact, even with a wii, good pc, 360 in the house, the thing the kids play most is..... the PS2.

Different markets almost.

We too have both in our house and the console my kids play the most is 360.My daughter still plays on her PS2 for Singstar etc.. but in terms of games currently out and coming out the preferred format for my 13 year , 11 year old and 9 year old is 360.

Look at the games coming out for the 360 in the next couple of months :

Scene It

Viva Pinata Party Animals

Dancing Stage Universe

Guitar Hero III

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga

FIFA Street 3

You also have Crash Of The Titans , Thrillville Off The Rails and more

Now granted these titles are not exclusive to 360 , but more mature games like Mass Effect are , so the 360 IMO gives you the best of both worlds.It gives you something fun for all the family plus a little more for the more discerning gamer.Plus it can play DVD's which the Wii can't do , you can download great content from xbox live which is currently better than what Nintendo are offering.

The clamour for Wii is so great that its hard to guarantee how many consoles will be available , whereas there are no such availability issues with 360

If you want to get a Wii so much , get one next year , or even in the new year when demand will not be so high.

If you want to get a Wii so much , get one next year , or even in the new year when demand will not be so high.

That's what people said at this time last year, man.

I think Nintendo could carry on making (and selling) Wiis until every man, woman, child and budgie on the planet has one.

That's what people said at this time last year, man.

I think Nintendo could carry on making (and selling) Wiis until every man, woman, child and budgie on the planet has one.

Its worse this year than last because they were only released Dec 8th 2006 so you had the die hards who preordered it getting it and a few on general sale.Whereas at this point in time lots of people have now played them and want to get one.Demand for them is much higher than at this time last year

We too have both in our house and the console my kids play the most is 360.My daughter still plays on her PS2 for Singstar etc.. but in terms of games currently out and coming out the preferred format for my 13 year , 11 year old and 9 year old is 360.

Might be that your kids are older, or that they're boys? My eldest are girls, and there's not much on the 360 beyond viva pinata to interest them. Everything else really is a racer or a shooter.

Scene It

Viva Pinata Party Animals

Dancing Stage Universe

Guitar Hero III

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga

FIFA Street 3

Yep, it's defintely improving. But the best family platform still is the ps2, with singstar, buzz, all that shit. The kids don't care what resolution singstar is, they just want it to work.

Now granted these titles are not exclusive to 360 , but more mature games like Mass Effect are , so the 360 IMO gives you the best of both worlds.It gives you something fun for all the family plus a little more for the more discerning gamer.Plus it can play DVD's which the Wii can't do , you can download great content from xbox live which is currently better than what Nintendo are offering.

Aye, for a traditional gamer the 360 rules, but the traditional gamer is a tiny market. I will play mass effect. My daughters, my son and my wife will play stuff like Wii fit and Mario. It's a master stroke from nintendo, appealing to a much larger, traditionally non-gaming market. My kids grandad can play wii sports. He'd not even try to play Halo.

Nope. This sucks really, but while it does support mpeg 4, it doesn't do xvid/divx. It will stream h264 from a windows media though, or you can plug a usb hd in and streamify off that, which is an ace way of watching hd content.

That sounds cool, I have a 500Gig maxtor USB drive.

What format do the movies have to be in for it to work correctly?

Yep, it's defintely improving. But the best family platform still is the ps2, with singstar, buzz, all that shit. The kids don't care what resolution singstar is, they just want it to work.

The new singstar is out next month..... does this mean anti ps3 droid is going to have to get a ps3 to keep the kids happy!!! :lol:

got the lot, PS3,PS2, PSP, nintendo Wii, DS, cube and a 64, old xbox plus a 360 elite and premium, lastly a PC. out of the lot at present the PS3 is almost redundent, the PC is continuosly occupied with W.O.W, the most expensive online game experience in the house. i reckon when mario galaxy comes out in a few weeks the Wii will be top of many kids christmas list along with mario. it irked me that it never came out with the Wii a year ago. the only reason i bought the cube was for mario. love the mario games, screw sonic.

got the lot, PS3,PS2, PSP, nintendo Wii, DS, cube and a 64, old xbox plus a 360 elite and premium, lastly a PC. out of the lot at present the PS3 is almost redundent, the PC is continuosly occupied with W.O.W, the most expensive online game experience in the house. i reckon when mario galaxy comes out in a few weeks the Wii will be top of many kids christmas list along with mario. it irked me that it never came out with the Wii a year ago. the only reason i bought the cube was for mario. love the mario games, screw sonic.

Mario Galaxy was originally supposed to be a launch title.Zelda was a good launch title to have but I personally can't wait for Mario Galaxy on the Wii.Just watched this weeks Gamer TV Extra and it does look superb.Bit harsh on Sonic.The Mario vs Sonic Olympics is worth a shout as well.

Hope your pc is upto a good spec as Crysis , Gears Of War & UT 3 all look amazing.

Archived