Good Luck Roly

crumlin

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could make posting under a Micky Mouse name or giving a wrong address a crime.

I would think identity was only important if you were making litigious comment...

I must admit I have no idea what Mr Drowler is accused of saying, and I think the actions that have been taken against him in the run up to this court appearance are questionable at best, but I don't see how posting inane chat under internet pseudonyms on a message board can be compared with someone running a website dedicated to making political comment, some of which is apparently considered by some to be libellous. If you're prepared to author that kind of content, you must be aware that you will possibly be asked to prove it at some point.

If he's found to be not guilty, then good luck to him, but either way I don't see it affecting an awful lot.

What needs to be looked at his some provision to protect those in the media from being forced to reveal their sources.

It has nothing to do with gagging free speech per se.

But how do you define "media"? Anyone could set up a website or even a blog and make allegations and accusations about whoever they please and call themselves 'Media'.

No matter how much truth there may or not be in anything that appeared on Manxman.com, accountability is something that affects and also supposedly protects every one of us within our 'free society.

I would still like to see those who gave contributions to the site come forward themselves instead of Mr Drowler being held up as some sort of living martyr. He provided a service, now lets see the nameless show him the true support that he deserves.

I would still like to see those who gave contributions to the site come forward themselves instead of Mr Drowler being held up as some sort of living martyr. He provided a service, now lets see the nameless show him the true support that he deserves.

Well this is the part I don't really understand. If what he wrote was true, then his sources should be backing him up and having this case dismissed.

Their silence speaks volumes.

Archived