Manx Police Force = Police Chief Wiggam

Knoxville

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Football-st...ame-.3412112.jp

How isnt he locked up inside? What a total joke.

I wouldnt even say he is a "football star"................I think the Manx Justice system needs a boot up the ass!!!!!

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Sex-attack-...-out.3412226.jp

Another one, the guy even said he was too well connected to be prosecuted and look........nothing happens!!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the second story, I thought Henderson's questions to the AG were mainly pathetic. But he did raise one interesting point, because the perp was only cautioned the victim can't be told who it was. That can't be right.

From the second article:

"She claimed police told her it was 'not in the public interest to prosecute the man' as he was of previous good character, had shown remorse and was not likely to offend again. "

If true, I simply don't understand the reasoning behind this decision. Prosecution is not simply a matter of rehabilitation or getting a criminal off the streets for the good of the public, or an exercise in extracting remorse, it's also a matter of punishing and bringing the offender to justice. Surely by their reasoning I have carte blanche to burgle, say, the Attorney General's house - After all, I have no previous convictions and have never been in trouble with the police, so that's one base covered. I'm sure I'd feel a bit of guilt, and if I make it explicit that I only commited the crime in order to experiment just the once with a life of crime that should check the "not likely to offend again" box.

Also, I can't help wondering whether it really is that unlikely that the kind of repellant man who sexually assaults a woman and afterwards says (if indeed he said it) "what are you going to do about it?" will offend again. Only time will tell.

The first case is also a disgrace. A four months suspended sentence and paying £1000 in compensation for headbutting a pensioner and placing him in surgery seems fantastically lenient - the average sentence for grievous bodily harm in the UK in 2004 was nearly eighteen months, and it's difficult to see what kind of mitigating circumstances or how claims of provocation or "good character" could justify bringing this all the way down to a measly four months. I do hope he is at least barred from teaching under 18's and being involved with football in any official capacity, especially since for perpetrating such a reprehensible act he deserves a lot worse than he's got.

If he's teaching kids to play football, then he'll be setting himself up as a great role model for them.

- It's cool to headbutt older men, you can pretty much get away with it if you're a footballer!

I wouldnt mind starting something to get him out of football, as its something he enjoys alot, he should be punished in that way and send a message out that it wont be tolerated.

T.B.H. I was at the ground at the day in question ,and can honestly say that I have never seen a crowd as hostile as that one ,all my years

playing and spectating at Manx football grounds .

Quite a few Rushen fans were a disgrace ,and one of the linesmen officiating at the game actually resigned from Manx football in protest at the way he was abused by the fans from start to finish of that game and the way Manx F. A. brushed the whole thing under the carpet.

Lee Dixon was trying to get to the dressing room at the end of the game through a crowd of supporters when he was confronted by Mr Glover and jostled and verbally abused ( Mr Glover blamed Dixon for getting his son sent off) Mr Glover was actually heard to say" I,m going to get Dixon" before confronting him.

Having said that there is no excuse for the course of action Lee Dixon undertook!.

But before you hang draw and quarter Dixon, Know this! that the poor harmless old man involved has been involved in violence all his adult life ,is not very popular down south (for obvious reasons)and is no stranger to the judiciary himself.

T.B.H. I was at the ground at the day in question ,and can honestly say that I have never seen a crowd as hostile as that one ,all my years

playing and spectating at Manx football grounds .

Quite a few Rushen fans were a disgrace ,and one of the linesmen officiating at the game actually resigned from Manx football in protest at the way he was abused by the fans from start to finish of that game and the way Manx F. A. brushed the whole thing under the carpet.

Lee Dixon was trying to get to the dressing room at the end of the game through a crowd of supporters when he was confronted by Mr Glover and jostled and verbally abused ( Mr Glover blamed Dixon for getting his son sent off) Mr Glover was actually heard to say" I,m going to get Dixon" before confronting him.

Having said that there is no excuse for the course of action Lee Dixon undertook!.

But before you hang draw and quarter Dixon, Know this! that the poor harmless old man involved has been involved in violence all his adult life ,is not very popular down south (for obvious reasons)and is no stranger to the judiciary himself.

He still could have walked away, its more the fact he did it. He should have known better coaching kids and all that.

He needs to be punished properly and the best action would be a total ban being involved in football.

Archived