Manx Police Force = Police Chief Wiggam

Knoxville

T.B.H. I was at the ground at the day in question ,and can honestly say that I have never seen a crowd as hostile as that one ,all my years

playing and spectating at Manx football grounds .

Quite a few Rushen fans were a disgrace ,and one of the linesmen officiating at the game actually resigned from Manx football in protest at the way he was abused by the fans from start to finish of that game and the way Manx F. A. brushed the whole thing under the carpet.

Lee Dixon was trying to get to the dressing room at the end of the game through a crowd of supporters when he was confronted by Mr Glover and jostled and verbally abused ( Mr Glover blamed Dixon for getting his son sent off) Mr Glover was actually heard to say" I,m going to get Dixon" before confronting him.

Having said that there is no excuse for the course of action Lee Dixon undertook!.

But before you hang draw and quarter Dixon, Know this! that the poor harmless old man involved has been involved in violence all his adult life ,is not very popular down south (for obvious reasons)and is no stranger to the judiciary himself.

I probably would have stuck a corner flag through the pricks head, that would've shut him up. Maybe this is why i'm not allowed to interact with the public ? :S

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
T.B.H. I was at the ground at the day in question ,and can honestly say that I have never seen a crowd as hostile as that one ,all my years

Quite a few Rushen fans were a disgrace ,and one of the linesmen officiating at the game actually resigned from Manx football in protest at the way he was abused by the fans from start to finish of that game and the way Manx F. A. brushed the whole thing under the carpet.

Lee Dixon was trying to get to the dressing room at the end of the game through a crowd of supporters when he was confronted by Mr Glover and jostled and verbally abused ( Mr Glover blamed Dixon for getting his son sent off) Mr Glover was actually heard to say" I,m going to get Dixon" before confronting him.

Having said that there is no excuse for the course of action Lee Dixon undertook!.

But before you hang draw and quarter Dixon, Know this! that the poor harmless old man involved has been involved in violence all his adult life ,is not very popular down south (for obvious reasons)and is no stranger to the judiciary himself.

I have a few points for clarification in relation to this incident, some which apply to Homarus, others not.

The IOM FA did not brush the whole thing under the carpet. Cases against both Lee Dixon and Nicky Glover are pending. Due to evidence from both clubs and the constabulary, the clubs were cleared with no case to answer.

The cases against the clubs were in relation to the highly ficticious "40 Man Brawl" story which was made up by elements of the local media.

http://www.manxradio.com/readNewsItemo.aspx?oID=10007

Maybe you were one of the forty individuals involved after the game? Where are all the arrests? Surely you furnished the constabulary with your clinical version of events Homarus?

The fact of the matter is, the majority of both teams were actually in the changing rooms when this incident (40 man brawl) allegedly happened.

This being the case, why should either club be made to be responsible for a incident which never took place (40 man brawl) and was blown out of all proportion by individuals from the local media with a grievence against the home club.

You may like to know the first contact Rushen had from Manx Radio was at 9.30 on Sunday Morning by Edward Oldam. Immediately after the game and up to this point, information was being gathered by committee members from individuals present at the game.

But Manx Radio ran with the story a full 12 hours before contacting the club. What is the time of their news report? Draw your own conclusions.

In addition to this, maybe you can retract remarks in relation to Glover being sent off?

If you were at the game, and contrary to the popular press this week, you will have noticed Nick Glover may given away a penalty. My friend the only sending off was of Aron Storrie after 5 Minutes of the first half. This a good hour or more before your blinkers began blocking your vision?

You may also like to note, that Nick Glover was suspended for two games whilst Rushen conducted an internal review.

These games were against Union Mills and Laxey on Nov 25th and Dec 2nd respectively and returned as a sub against Braddan on the 9th December.

In comparison, how much football did Lee Dixon miss? What action did his club take? How many times did he plead not guilty before seeing sense in relation to this matter?

Whilst elements of the Rushen crowd may have been in poor form that afternoon, have you ever asked yourself why?

Maybe a Match official entering the St Mary's dressing room prior to the match was a catalyst?

Maybe remarks about giving a penalty another?

Maybe an official not flagging for a tackle by Lee Dixon on a player who had twice previously suffered broken legs is what started the downward spiral of events? Maybe a collection of all three if not more?

This in no way condones what materialised but may give some explanation to those who have heard what unfolded second hand.

Finally, you may may like to know since the events of last year, Rushen as a club have improved a number of processes on match day, and that a few months after this incident the club won the Referee Charter for March 2007. Not bad for a club with a "scandalous" record in relation to the treatment of match officials?

http://iomreferees.intheteam.com/modules/p...3163&pmid=0

I have a few points for clarification in relation to this incident, some which apply to Homarus, others not.

The IOM FA did not brush the whole thing under the carpet. Cases against both Lee Dixon and Nicky Glover are pending. Due to evidence from both clubs and the constabulary, the clubs were cleared with no case to answer.

The cases against the clubs were in relation to the highly ficticious "40 Man Brawl" story which was made up by elements of the local media.

http://www.manxradio.com/readNewsItemo.aspx?oID=10007

Maybe you were one of the forty individuals involved after the game? Where are all the arrests? Surely you furnished the constabulary with your clinical version of events Homarus?

The fact of the matter is, the majority of both teams were actually in the changing rooms when this incident (40 man brawl) allegedly happened.

This being the case, why should either club be made to be responsible for a incident which never took place (40 man brawl) and was blown out of all proportion by individuals from the local media with a grievence against the home club.

You may like to know the first contact Rushen had from Manx Radio was at 9.30 on Sunday Morning by Edward Oldam. Immediately after the game and up to this point, information was being gathered by committee members from individuals present at the game.

But Manx Radio ran with the story a full 12 hours before contacting the club. What is the time of their news report? Draw your own conclusions.

In addition to this, maybe you can retract remarks in relation to Glover being sent off?

If you were at the game, and contrary to the popular press this week, you will have noticed Nick Glover may given away a penalty. My friend the only sending off was of Aron Storrie after 5 Minutes of the first half. This a good hour or more before your blinkers began blocking your vision?

You may also like to note, that Nick Glover was suspended for two games whilst Rushen conducted an internal review.

These games were against Union Mills and Laxey on Nov 25th and Dec 2nd respectively and returned as a sub against Braddan on the 9th December.

In comparison, how much football did Lee Dixon miss? What action did his club take? How many times did he plead not guilty before seeing sense in relation to this matter?

Whilst elements of the Rushen crowd may have been in poor form that afternoon, have you ever asked yourself why?

Maybe a Match official entering the St Mary's dressing room prior to the match was a catalyst?

Maybe remarks about giving a penalty another?

Maybe an official not flagging for a tackle by Lee Dixon on a player who had twice previously suffered broken legs is what started the downward spiral of events? Maybe a collection of all three if not more?

This in no way condones what materialised but may give some explanation to those who have heard what unfolded second hand.

Finally, you may may like to know since the events of last year, Rushen as a club have improved a number of processes on match day, and that a few months after this incident the club won the Referee Charter for March 2007. Not bad for a club with a "scandalous" record in relation to the treatment of match officials?

http://iomreferees.intheteam.com/modules/p...3163&pmid=0

Stand corrected on On the Nicky Glover sending off statement ,as for the rest I Stand by every word .

Reading through your post , you seem more concerned over a penalty award ,a match official entering the St Marys dressing room and the good name of Rushen United football club , than you are about the welfare of the old boy who ended up with a fractured cheekbone .

That for me speaks volumes ?.

Oh yes! I also forgot to mention a referee (well known) member of Rushen United football at the game in question ,who was very vocal in his criticism of the match official you mention , and when he got the worst of the banter (I believe the words "Kiddy fiddler "were used ) stormed off and returned with a policeman , confronting the linesman in his dressing room with the policeman present .

This was after after the incident involving Lee Dixon who was still on the premises at this time , yet nobody thought to mention the incident involving Lee Dixon to the policeman who was present, strange that???.

As for the reputation of your home fans ? "you havn't got one" ,you are known as a bunch of abusive whingeing c*nts,and as far as your post is concerned I think that you've proved it to be so??

All the best Homarus

homarus - "the old mans" adult life of crime? O sorry, I mean where you quoted "most of his adult life"? send me an e-mail (nick.nickglover@gmail.com and justify because I think your out of order)

I am his son and I was at the game and yes I defended my father as is known.

I notice that everyone here is looking for Dicko to go to Jail or can't believe that he is still on the wrong side of the bars so I thought I would put my view on this.

The game was one of the most amazing games to play in, free flowing football and some of the best football seen....these things said from people in positions of worth in football!

The linesman on this particular day shall remain nameless but might I add was terrible. He was quoted as saying (this comes from some footballers watching who didn't have a game) that he could not give the free kick leading up to our goal keepers sending off because he could not make decisions like that for the referee (after 5 minutes) ..... yet he flagged for a penalty that the referee did not see and was a mile away from.....this of course riled the crowd as he was doing for most of the game. He called a member of the crowd a kiddy fiddler which in my book is one of the most disgraceful things you can do!

To me and to most of the football family out there believe it is a better world without that official. I like referees but he does not officiate in the spirit of the game.

Anyway's I did not believe Lee should go to Jail, i did straight after the game but once things settled I believed that things that happened on that day happened in the heat of the moment and were mistakes that ended up costing my dad surgery and Lee a criminal record....

This all needs to go to sleep and everyone should get on with football. Lee is a great Coach and the Island would be a worse off place in football terms if he was not coaching!

Cheers

NickyG

My personal view is that after all the abuse and bad tempered comment and suggestions that the post by Nicky Glover show a remarkable insight and forgiveness and a wholly different view point that we should now respect.

Hopefully topic closed.

How often it is that judges do get it right after a full run through the evidence and a full address in mitigation and reports, where the rest of us with only snippets think we know better.

I am not a football fan.

I presume Mr Dixon will face discipline arising out of the incident in relation to his coaching activites, they should be allowed to get on with it now without our well intentioned but possibly muisguided atempts to influence .

Like everyone he deserves an impartial hearing

He called a member of the crowd a kiddy fiddler which in my book is one of the most disgraceful things you can do!

I'd be slightly more offended if somebody accused me of being a football fan.

Or a Rushen Utd Fan!

My personal view is that after all the abuse and bad tempered comment and suggestions that the post by Nicky Glover show a remarkable insight and forgiveness and a wholly different view point that we should now respect.

Hopefully topic closed.

Considerable forgiveness, certainly, but as far as remarkable insight goes the entire defence of the sentence seems to have been based on provocation and the fact that Dixon is apparently good at his job.

The second of these can be dismissed out of hand, the entire basis of the Rule of Law is that justice is blind to such things as profession and talent. As to whether the provocation was such that it justifies the (in my view short) suspended sentence and compensation for headbutting an old man (again, regardless of character or some of the allegations regarding his life that have appeared here) is up for debate, which is exactly what people have been doing.

That people wish to question the sentence is because they're concerned that it's indicative of a problem within the justice system. Now you may well claim that this is because they're simply misinformed, but that is all the more reason for discussion, and whether a relative of the injured party agrees with the sentence or not is neither here nor there when it comes to settling such concerns and doubts or determining when such a discussion should stop. Certainly were people to issue libellous statements, then the topic should be closed, but I fail to see the problem with questioning a sentence (rightly or wrongly, informed or not), given that we all have grounds for having a personal interest in whether or not the justice system is functioning in a way we feel is ideal.

I presume Mr Dixon will face discipline arising out of the incident in relation to his coaching activites, they should be allowed to get on with it now without our well intentioned but possibly muisguided atempts to influence .

I would take issue with the idea that people here are consciously trying to influence those considering Mr Dixon's future. They are expressing a legitimate opinion, and although this has the potential to influence their decision, isn't it the responsibility of these people, acting as they do in an official capacity, to resist such influence and base their decision on an impartial survey of the facts surrounding the case?

Hmmm Nicky G the man who eats humble pie for breakfast,dinner, and tea!!

what a guy :D

Not much mention of the haymakers that you were throwing :angry:

Also once a person gets up in someones face as your father wrongly did and without any real cause other than to cause friction, then clearly something will happen. as it did!!

So stop moaning, the whole thing is farcical.

Rushen fans were discraceful.

and to top it all off, it's all over a pigs stomach, yes I love the game and yes I have passion for the game but in my eyes the rushen fans were out for blood that day and when things didnt sway their way then the pich forks and torches were out.

You may question my opinion as you are free to do so but I feel everything that needs to be said has been said and I WILL NOT dignify any reply with a further response.

By the way I was a neutral fan at that match.

Oh and another thing, Flogged for ham baps boyyy!!

Hmmm Nicky G the man who eats humble pie for breakfast,dinner, and tea!!

what a guy :D

Not much mention of the haymakers that you were throwing :angry:

Also once a person gets up in someones face as your father wrongly did and without any real cause other than to cause friction, then clearly something will happen. as it did!!

So stop moaning, the whole thing is farcical.

Rushen fans were discraceful.

and to top it all off, it's all over a pigs stomach, yes I love the game and yes I have passion for the game but in my eyes the rushen fans were out for blood that day and when things didnt sway their way then the pich forks and torches were out.

You may question my opinion as you are free to do so but I feel everything that needs to be said has been said and I WILL NOT dignify any reply with a further response.

By the way I was a neutral fan at that match.

Oh and another thing, Flogged for ham baps boyyy!!

Archived