Manx Police Force = Police Chief Wiggam

Knoxville

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I find interesting is how Homarus has time to drive home, turn on his PC and get settled down to some serious posting at eight minutes past five in the evening

When he is booking hours worked for me, as finishing at five

That van's faster than it looks

Ahh, the employer from hell,!

"F*cking clockwatchers don't you just love e'm"?

Anyway , seeing as you havn't got a pot to piss in at the "mo" it's highly unlikley I'll be getting paid anytime soon ?

Oh I almost forgot you are still under a legally binding contract ( You remember? the one where you agreed not to moan,whinge,whine or otherwise upset the Tradesman !) and as such could be in breach, by posting statements such as this one !.

" You are nothing but a common labourer, never forget that!.

T.B.H. I was at the ground at the day in question ,and can honestly say that I have never seen a crowd as hostile as that one ,all my years

playing and spectating at Manx football grounds .

Quite a few Rushen fans were a disgrace ,and one of the linesmen officiating at the game actually resigned from Manx football in protest at the way he was abused by the fans from start to finish of that game and the way Manx F. A. brushed the whole thing under the carpet.

Lee Dixon was trying to get to the dressing room at the end of the game through a crowd of supporters when he was confronted by Mr Glover and jostled and verbally abused ( Mr Glover blamed Dixon for getting his son sent off) Mr Glover was actually heard to say" I,m going to get Dixon" before confronting him.

Having said that there is no excuse for the course of action Lee Dixon undertook!.

But before you hang draw and quarter Dixon, Know this! that the poor harmless old man involved has been involved in violence all his adult life ,is not very popular down south (for obvious reasons)and is no stranger to the judiciary himself.

I have a few points for clarification in relation to this incident, some which apply to Homarus, others not.

The IOM FA did not brush the whole thing under the carpet. Cases against both Lee Dixon and Nicky Glover are pending. Due to evidence from both clubs and the constabulary, the clubs were cleared with no case to answer.

The cases against the clubs were in relation to the highly ficticious "40 Man Brawl" story which was made up by elements of the local media.

http://www.manxradio.com/readNewsItemo.aspx?oID=10007

Maybe you were one of the forty individuals involved after the game? Where are all the arrests? Surely you furnished the constabulary with your clinical version of events Homarus?

The fact of the matter is, the majority of both teams were actually in the changing rooms when this incident (40 man brawl) allegedly happened.

This being the case, why should either club be made to be responsible for a incident which never took place (40 man brawl) and was blown out of all proportion by individuals from the local media with a grievence against the home club.

You may like to know the first contact Rushen had from Manx Radio was at 9.30 on Sunday Morning by Edward Oldam. Immediately after the game and up to this point, information was being gathered by committee members from individuals present at the game.

But Manx Radio ran with the story a full 12 hours before contacting the club. What is the time of their news report? Draw your own conclusions.

In addition to this, maybe you can retract remarks in relation to Glover being sent off?

If you were at the game, and contrary to the popular press this week, you will have noticed Nick Glover may given away a penalty. My friend the only sending off was of Aron Storrie after 5 Minutes of the first half. This a good hour or more before your blinkers began blocking your vision?

You may also like to note, that Nick Glover was suspended for two games whilst Rushen conducted an internal review.

These games were against Union Mills and Laxey on Nov 25th and Dec 2nd respectively and returned as a sub against Braddan on the 9th December.

In comparison, how much football did Lee Dixon miss? What action did his club take? How many times did he plead not guilty before seeing sense in relation to this matter?

Whilst elements of the Rushen crowd may have been in poor form that afternoon, have you ever asked yourself why?

Maybe a Match official entering the St Mary's dressing room prior to the match was a catalyst?

Maybe remarks about giving a penalty another?

Maybe an official not flagging for a tackle by Lee Dixon on a player who had twice previously suffered broken legs is what started the downward spiral of events? Maybe a collection of all three if not more?

This in no way condones what materialised but may give some explanation to those who have heard what unfolded second hand.

Finally, you may may like to know since the events of last year, Rushen as a club have improved a number of processes on match day, and that a few months after this incident the club won the Referee Charter for March 2007. Not bad for a club with a "scandalous" record in relation to the treatment of match officials?

http://iomreferees.intheteam.com/modules/p...3163&pmid=0

Stand corrected on On the Nicky Glover sending off statement ,as for the rest I Stand by every word .

Reading through your post , you seem more concerned over a penalty award ,a match official entering the St Marys dressing room and the good name of Rushen United football club , than you are about the welfare of the old boy who ended up with a fractured cheekbone .

That for me speaks volumes ?.

Oh yes! I also forgot to mention a referee (well known) member of Rushen United football at the game in question ,who was very vocal in his criticism of the match official you mention , and when he got the worst of the banter (I believe the words "Kiddy fiddler "were used ) stormed off and returned with a policeman , confronting the linesman in his dressing room with the policeman present .

This was after after the incident involving Lee Dixon who was still on the premises at this time , yet nobody thought to mention the incident involving Lee Dixon to the policeman who was present, strange that???.

As for the reputation of your home fans ? "you havn't got one" ,you are known as a bunch of abusive whingeing c*nts,and as far as your post is concerned I think that you've proved it to be so??

All the best Homarus

So who are you homarus?...care about reputations...no, we're been there and done that. I just care about the truth being told mate.

To me you are obviously a supporter of St Mary's, one of the St George's players and management who was there that day, or maybe the high ranking FA official? Just because I didn't post my concerns in relation to Mr Glover does not mean I wasn't.

So can you answer my initial probe? Did you give evidence to the Constabulary if you saw everything?

The referee concerned is a supporter of Rushen, and is as far as I know not a member. If I go to watch a match at the Stadium at Castletown it doesn't make me a member does it?

I think you will find the policeman was approached in relation to the assault at the ground, but was dealing with the previous incident inside the clubhouse in the committee room. If you saw the incident between the Match officials and a supporter, you will have noticed Mr Dixon putting his two penneth into the discussion as well. That is why he was one of the last persons leaving the field.

Finally, I have been to grounds throughout the Island, as I'm sure we all have. I doubt you will find any match which doesn't have some form of abuse between players, or between fans and players, every weekend. The supporters at Rushen are amongst the most fervent and knowledgeable on the Island...and we are not whiter than white.

Whinge and moan...Hell yes! That is a most shocking and wounding revelation Yessir!

Don't all football fans whoever they support have a good whinge moan and grip about the game or events tactics etc? When was the last time your club ground (Anfield, Goodison The swamp?) fell silent and not supporting the team or having a gripe at a refereeing decision?

We get behind our club no matter what, but if we lose we'll have a drink with the opposition in the bar afterwards.

If you don't like that, you have the simple option of refraining coming through the gates and supporting your club next time your team is down here.

Manx Police Force = Police Chief Wiggam

I am generally a supporter of our police and indeed our establishment in general but over the past few years I have become quite despondent. There have been quite a few serious incidents in our neighbourhood including burglary and serious threats of violence. The police were informed and given as much information as possible in each case. Nothing further was done.

Anyway, quite recently I understand there has been that devastating crime of a dog barking at night. The police mustered up all their skill and expertise and managed to carry out a leaflet drop and presumably questioning people where they could.post-1345-1193487557_thumb.jpg

On the plus side, if the police do find the culprit, it goes down as a solved crime which makes us all feel good when the performance figures are given to Tynwald.

Whilst I'm on a rant, I wonder how long it will take the [bBC] Newsbot to pick on this heinous crime.

T.B.H. I was at the ground at the day in question ,and can honestly say that I have never seen a crowd as hostile as that one ,all my years

playing and spectating at Manx football grounds .

Quite a few Rushen fans were a disgrace ,and one of the linesmen officiating at the game actually resigned from Manx football in protest at the way he was abused by the fans from start to finish of that game and the way Manx F. A. brushed the whole thing under the carpet.

Lee Dixon was trying to get to the dressing room at the end of the game through a crowd of supporters when he was confronted by Mr Glover and jostled and verbally abused ( Mr Glover blamed Dixon for getting his son sent off) Mr Glover was actually heard to say" I,m going to get Dixon" before confronting him.

Having said that there is no excuse for the course of action Lee Dixon undertook!.

But before you hang draw and quarter Dixon, Know this! that the poor harmless old man involved has been involved in violence all his adult life ,is not very popular down south (for obvious reasons)and is no stranger to the judiciary himself.

I have a few points for clarification in relation to this incident, some which apply to Homarus, others not.

The IOM FA did not brush the whole thing under the carpet. Cases against both Lee Dixon and Nicky Glover are pending. Due to evidence from both clubs and the constabulary, the clubs were cleared with no case to answer.

The cases against the clubs were in relation to the highly ficticious "40 Man Brawl" story which was made up by elements of the local media.

http://www.manxradio.com/readNewsItemo.aspx?oID=10007

Maybe you were one of the forty individuals involved after the game? Where are all the arrests? Surely you furnished the constabulary with your clinical version of events Homarus?

The fact of the matter is, the majority of both teams were actually in the changing rooms when this incident (40 man brawl) allegedly happened.

This being the case, why should either club be made to be responsible for a incident which never took place (40 man brawl) and was blown out of all proportion by individuals from the local media with a grievence against the home club.

You may like to know the first contact Rushen had from Manx Radio was at 9.30 on Sunday Morning by Edward Oldam. Immediately after the game and up to this point, information was being gathered by committee members from individuals present at the game.

But Manx Radio ran with the story a full 12 hours before contacting the club. What is the time of their news report? Draw your own conclusions.

In addition to this, maybe you can retract remarks in relation to Glover being sent off?

If you were at the game, and contrary to the popular press this week, you will have noticed Nick Glover may given away a penalty. My friend the only sending off was of Aron Storrie after 5 Minutes of the first half. This a good hour or more before your blinkers began blocking your vision?

You may also like to note, that Nick Glover was suspended for two games whilst Rushen conducted an internal review.

These games were against Union Mills and Laxey on Nov 25th and Dec 2nd respectively and returned as a sub against Braddan on the 9th December.

In comparison, how much football did Lee Dixon miss? What action did his club take? How many times did he plead not guilty before seeing sense in relation to this matter?

Whilst elements of the Rushen crowd may have been in poor form that afternoon, have you ever asked yourself why?

Maybe a Match official entering the St Mary's dressing room prior to the match was a catalyst?

Maybe remarks about giving a penalty another?

Maybe an official not flagging for a tackle by Lee Dixon on a player who had twice previously suffered broken legs is what started the downward spiral of events? Maybe a collection of all three if not more?

This in no way condones what materialised but may give some explanation to those who have heard what unfolded second hand.

Finally, you may may like to know since the events of last year, Rushen as a club have improved a number of processes on match day, and that a few months after this incident the club won the Referee Charter for March 2007. Not bad for a club with a "scandalous" record in relation to the treatment of match officials?

http://iomreferees.intheteam.com/modules/p...3163&pmid=0

Stand corrected on On the Nicky Glover sending off statement ,as for the rest I Stand by every word .

Reading through your post , you seem more concerned over a penalty award ,a match official entering the St Marys dressing room and the good name of Rushen United football club , than you are about the welfare of the old boy who ended up with a fractured cheekbone .

That for me speaks volumes ?.

Oh yes! I also forgot to mention a referee (well known) member of Rushen United football at the game in question ,who was very vocal in his criticism of the match official you mention , and when he got the worst of the banter (I believe the words "Kiddy fiddler "were used ) stormed off and returned with a policeman , confronting the linesman in his dressing room with the policeman present .

This was after after the incident involving Lee Dixon who was still on the premises at this time , yet nobody thought to mention the incident involving Lee Dixon to the policeman who was present, strange that???.

As for the reputation of your home fans ? "you havn't got one" ,you are known as a bunch of abusive whingeing c*nts,and as far as your post is concerned I think that you've proved it to be so??

All the best Homarus

So who are you homarus?...care about reputations...no, we're been there and done that. I just care about the truth being told mate.

To me you are obviously a supporter of St Mary's, one of the St George's players and management who was there that day, or maybe the high ranking FA official? Just because I didn't post my concerns in relation to Mr Glover does not mean I wasn't.

So can you answer my initial probe? Did you give evidence to the Constabulary if you saw everything?

The referee concerned is a supporter of Rushen, and is as far as I know not a member. If I go to watch a match at the Stadium at Castletown it doesn't make me a member does it?

I think you will find the policeman was approached in relation to the assault at the ground, but was dealing with the previous incident inside the clubhouse in the committee room. If you saw the incident between the Match officials and a supporter, you will have noticed Mr Dixon putting his two penneth into the discussion as well. That is why he was one of the last persons leaving the field.

Finally, I have been to grounds throughout the Island, as I'm sure we all have. I doubt you will find any match which doesn't have some form of abuse between players, or between fans and players, every weekend. The supporters at Rushen are amongst the most fervent and knowledgeable on the Island...and we are not whiter than white.

Whinge and moan...Hell yes! That is a most shocking and wounding revelation Yessir!

Don't all football fans whoever they support have a good whinge moan and grip about the game or events tactics etc? When was the last time your club ground (Anfield, Goodison The swamp?) fell silent and not supporting the team or having a gripe at a refereeing decision?

We get behind our club no matter what, but if we lose we'll have a drink with the opposition in the bar afterwards.

If you don't like that, you have the simple option of refraining coming through the gates and supporting your club next time your team is down here.

Dear ;) Ginger Spaniard

You can punch me ,you can kick me ,you can stab me , hell you can even shoot me !

But please ,please ,please stop boring me?

It's saturday for f*cks sake!

Maybe you'd be less bored if you didn't repeat the previous 27 posts each time you post.

Point taken Declan.

Oh by the way ,in answer to last nights Query , You were right ! the guy in question got a lot of votes around Pulrose after that game ,I can tell you.

Lovely fella, salt of the earth :)

Unfortunately I agree. I am not a local football supporter but I have watched the odd match. Usually when my kids are playing near by and I spot somebody I know watching and I go over for the chat.

Being blunt I can not believe the abuse that comes from the side line towards the ref and players and also sometimes towards the ref from the players. Normally it appears to be because the referee has given a decision against or not in favour of their side. Frequently the ref has done so correctly

Occasionally the referee gets it wrong, which apparently is a heanous crime as referees are not allowed to make mistakes. And obviously if they do it is not an honest error but because the referee is cheating.

I wonder if the players ever and supporters ever look at themselves as generally the referees are making far less mistakes per match than any of the players make. But obviously players are allowed to make mistakes referees are not.

I appreciate that whatever sport you are in you and at what level you play to win but lets be honest it is a little local lead, not at a particularly high level which is meant to be played as a form of recreation. Is it ever played in that spirit not as far as I can see which I find dispiriting as I might want to take my young kids down to watch but there is no way I want them to hear & see the level of abuse.

Somebody will probably come on and say it is a mans game, or a do not understand unless I have played at X level. Well I do not especially as every other support apears to be able to control that aspect of the game but not football. But there is probably little you can do as unless you stamp down on it from the top i.e premiership level downwards kids & park players are going to carry on copying.

Can it be stopped. Yes if anybody has the bottle. Yellow & red cards for abuse, diving, feigning injury etc etc. If that means sides are down to 7 aside so be it they will quickly learn. Locally I would make captains resonsible for the behaviour of their supporters. If the referee is getting foul abuse from the side lines make it the captains responsibility to make his supporters behave. If they do not as captain he must accept the yellow card on behalf of his team. Two yellow cards equals a red and new captain etc. Alternatively large fines on clubs etc

That may be draconian and it would be chaos for the first few weeks while players and spectators get out of old habits but ultimately football can have the level of behaviour it wants and at present it does appear to care to much what level that is. That is a pity as I would quite like to be able to take my kids down and not be concerned about the foul and abusive language. I would also like to be able to support them if it is a game they want to play but at present I would discourage them as I see the bahaviour as kids level from parents on the side line.

Why, what makes football unique that even poor park players and managers can not control themselves. If somebody says it is pressure then explain how come at the rugby world cup final last week when what could have been a winning score was dissallowed on a fifty fifty call we did not see players loose their rags. Or was that match not as presurised as say Jurby v Marown

Finally, I have been to grounds throughout the Island, as I'm sure we all have. I doubt you will find any match which doesn't have some form of abuse between players, or between fans and players, every weekend.

The most impressive thing about international rugby, however, is the quality of the referees. They seem to have the respect of the players because they have earned it, they don't stride around the pitch like they are the most important person there they explain their decisions, they treat the players like adults and are responded to in kind.

In my experience at a very low level of football, games are played in a nicer atmosphere without referees. Obviously at the professional level and probably not even at the level of Rushen v St Mary's these officious busy-bodies are a necessary evil but if you can do without them you are best to.

Perhaps the Isle of Man could lead the way by playing all games without a referee.

Unfortunately our precious Manx amateur footballers are extremely petulant these days which of course they get from watching millionaires playing football on the television.

To illustrate, ever since good ol' Gazza did his cry baby bit in the Wordl Cup, I have noticed it is now the norm for amateurs to cry too - when they get sent off, lose a game, get hurt etc.

Football is only a game. A hobby. That is except if you are Bill Shankly or someone like that, and then you may have licence to extol the virtues of kicking a ball about a field with some mates.

I used to play football in the 2nd division, the standard of which can only be described as amateur. However, the amount of idiots who thought that they were Cristiano Ronaldo (in terms of histrionics as well as dribbling ability) really p*ssed me off to the degree that I gave up playing before I got banned for life for causing them a real injury. People who get so worked up over football at this level really need to get a sense of perspective. I'm not saying don't be passionate about your team, but some of the stuff I've witnessed at close quarters over the years from players and supporters is nothing short of disgraceful. If PC Plod went to any of these games, he's have ended up with a van full of people locked up for public order offences.

Football brings out the moron in most people, which is why I avoid it in all its forms as diligently as possible.

Who the hell would actually want to referee a bunch of Sunday afternoon amateurs anyway? Must be erection-inducing for them to be able to boss people around.

Archived