No Jail For Rolly But Bankrupted

crumlin

I'm sure you'll tell me if the definitions have already been posted!

Definition of Journalist:

1. One whose occupation is journalism.

2. One who keeps a journal.

And the definition of a journal is:

A journal: A personal record of occurrences, experiences, and reflections kept on a regular basis; a diary.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I think someone has already said on another or even this thread - this whole exercise is about power - who has it and who doesn't.

money IS power and thank god roly is trying to stand his ground and fight this power. the rich keep getting richer and the poor poorer.

Yes, we know and I agree that people with £650 million in the bank dont need to stamp on people like Roly, but they didn't get where they are by helping little old ladies cross the road either.

my reasoning for never wanting to be filthy rich - i like being able to look myself in the mirror in the morning respecting myself.

I could be filthy rich and be able to respect myself in the morning when I looked in the mirror. It's all down to how you conduct yourself and the personal choices you make - I think I would be a nice rich person and defender of the underdog :-)

I could be filthy rich and be able to respect myself in the morning when I looked in the mirror.

Only if you’ve won the lottery or unexpectedly inherited a wedge would you perhaps be able to do that.

Most people who have made their fortune themselves turn into pretty ruthless characters on the way there. I’ve never met a self-made man who hasn’t got a bit of a screw loose.

A high(er than average) percentage of people who hold positions of power, whether it be huge wealth, Managing Directors, politicians etc, are thought to be psychopaths.

Not in the knife slasher stereotype, but in the medical sense where they don't recognise other peoples emotions and are ruthless in getting what they want.

money IS power

Money can help you to negotiate, that is business.

It's the soft gits whose eyes light up at the sign of wealth that are the bane of life, especially the ones who lick ass and think they are are also something big because of association. They give credability to self belief of grandeur.

I personally hate the attitude that it is perfectly acceptable to bully into submission. As a person who will help anyone if I can, but means no when I say no, what right does anyone have to try and undermine me or try and inflict guilt?

I could be filthy rich and be able to respect myself in the morning

Coincidence or what? If you were filthy rich, I could respect you in the morning too :whistling:

Unfortunately, in the seedy world of litigation money is the key.

Small, provincial papers and publications can't print and be damned like the nationals because they could be bankrupt.

An individual of modest means may have been sorely defamed but can't sue because they don't have the means in the first place to pay legal fees.

Sueing is a rich man's game on the whole.

Archived