Mps Subjected To Airport Security Checks Shocker!

Pragmatopian

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ire/7066944.stm

The international development minister was stopped and searched at Washington DC's Dulles airport after a series of meetings on tackling terrorism.

Mr Malik, MP for Dewsbury, West Yorks, had his hand luggage checked for explosives when returning to Heathrow.

He said the same thing happened to him at JFK airport in New York last year.

And his point is what?

1. That because of his faith he should not be checked.
  2. That because of his status he should not be checked.
  3. That airport security operations worldwide should coordinate to avoid checking the same person twice on two journeys from separate airports.
  4. That it's bloody inconvenient and no one should be checked.

I have some sympathy for the last argument, but basically he should just stop whinging.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ire/7066944.stm

The international development minister was stopped and searched at Washington DC's Dulles airport after a series of meetings on tackling terrorism.

Mr Malik, MP for Dewsbury, West Yorks, had his hand luggage checked for explosives when returning to Heathrow.

He said the same thing happened to him at JFK airport in New York last year.

And his point is what?

1. That because of his faith he should not be checked.
  2. That because of his status he should not be checked.
  3. That airport security operations worldwide should coordinate to avoid checking the same person twice on two journeys from separate airports.
  4. That it's bloody inconvenient and no one should be checked.

I have some sympathy for the last argument, but basically he should just stop whinging.

"but I really do believe that British ministers and parliamentarians should be afforded the same respect and dignity at USA airports that we would bestow upon our colleagues in the Senate and Congress"

Seems fair enough

Lucky he didn't fly from the island. Then he'd have to take his shoes off too - despite that no other airport still screens shoes to 100%...

Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dublin airports are still screening shoes. Had experience in them all!

Funniest one was Edinburgh. Where the security man asked me to "take belt and trousers off please" :blink:

He immediately corrected his mistake to shoes!

Archived