Pes 2008

hannay

I'll probably be up for this as soon as I get the game, but Im still unsure whether to get the PS3 one for my preferred controllers or the 360 one for the better frame rates.

It'll probably depend when/if Konami fix the feck up they made with the PS3 version.

It'll probably depend when/if Konami fix the feck up they made with the PS3 version.

Well, I've been hammering PES7 now on the PS3 for a week at 1080i resolution. Including a weekly PES meet with my mates for a mini league (our first since PES06).

The framerate issue doesn't effect the game at all during gameplay, you may get the odd stutter but hardly noticeable. Granted the replays are shit but we skip them any way. If the patch fixes replays well it's a bonus. Online is laggy I'll admit but still playable, looks like it's being worked on too.

I expected the worst when I read some reviews but already had game in hand - once I'd played it though I was happy and we've been PES fans for years. Tip: turn off the music - it's shit!

Of course this game is only playable on the PS3 controller.... ;)

PES should make the music off by default...its always been horrendous. I believe the commentary has been improved, which again has always been crap, but I'm yet to hear it.

I'm glad to hear the gameplay isnt quite as bad as I thought, however, for £40, I need to make sure I get the best version I can, especially when it comes to online play.

I have both and im a bit disgusted in konami for releasing them in an unfinished state.

Im sure they can fix both with patches but it shouldnt be that way.

Im playing most on the 360 version even tho you can definately feel the controller just isnt right.

The 360 version needs less patching IMO.

What does my t1ts in is why did they bother with blades of grass .. what a complete waste of resources.

I have both and im a bit disgusted in konami for releasing them in an unfinished state.

Im sure they can fix both with patches but it shouldnt be that way.

Im playing most on the 360 version even tho you can definately feel the controller just isnt right.

The 360 version needs less patching IMO.

What does my t1ts in is why did they bother with blades of grass .. what a complete waste of resources.

Welcome to the next-gen games. Unfortunatley I think we'll see a lot more games with minor problems being 'rushed' out on both platforms as they have the ability to patch them now. It will be like PC gaming where you download patches. Good cos they can fix things and change gameplay when they find people using it to their advantage, but 'because they can' patch, it leads to possible sloppy development.

Mr Bean in game using the face scan.

aahaaha that's really funny!

Regarding the game though - for the first time in my life i'm really disapointed with this years Pro Evo.

Been playing the game since ISS Pro came out on the PSOne and now play on the 360.

Really enjoyed PES 6 on Xbox Live and would play a couple of games most evenings without any problems....

So far my experience of PES 2008 on Live is absolutely terrible with balls pinging around all over the place, players magically appearing out of nowhere and referees giving absurd decisions (i spose that part is lifelike!).

I think the gameplay has been made more sluggish, goalkeepers can never seem to hold onto shots and 'star players' have been made so good that they can run from defence taking on every player on the pitch before scoring.

Not happy :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

ps3 patch released today.

Fixes all the offline issues as far as i can see.

Online is way more playable but now as laggy as the 360 version. Its possible thats due to everyone downloading the patch so we shall see .

I can find and join games alot easier and quicker on the ps3 version .. managed two games and instead of losing 10-0 . I had a 1-1 and a 3-1.

Archived