[BBC News] Memorial for motorcyclist planned

Newsbot

I think if this had been going for even 10 years the list would be very extensive. As a biker myself I think there should be a law to re-take driving tests especially after the age of 65. Also, dare I say; I know money does not account for life however, I think a £1000 fine is pretty insulting to the family and friends left behind.

Or is it just me???

I think if this had been going for even 10 years the list would be very extensive. As a biker myself I think there should be a law to re-take driving tests especially after the age of 65. Also, dare I say; I know money does not account for life however, I think a £1000 fine is pretty insulting to the family and friends left behind.

Or is it just me???

No it's not just you

The fine's for driving without due care and attention, not death by dangerous driving. This will have been decided by people who had full knowledge of the evidence. An internet forum isn't really the place to speculate about it.

Good point about the offence for which the fine was imposed.

However (subject to legal constraints and posting sensitively) I don't see the problem in debating crime and punishment. There are a number of discussions on the forum arising from court cases, usually prompted by a media source, about which members do not have the full knowledge of the evidence. It's not speculation it is debate.

Or perhaps we should confine our opinions as to the quality of Tesco's bacon and sausages.

Archived