£500,000 Bill For Tagging 10 Offenders?

Max Power

Source?

It may be that the cost of getting the tagging system was £500,000 with little or no additional cost for each tag, but the initial cost is spread over the number of taggees. So, if there were 20 people being tagged, the cost would still be £500,000 but the per unit cost drops. Only a thought like.

Source?

It may be that the cost of getting the tagging system was £500,000 with little or no additional cost for each tag, but the initial cost is spread over the number of taggees. So, if there were 20 people being tagged, the cost would still be £500,000 but the per unit cost drops. Only a thought like.

This weeks Examiner carried the story.

I like the cut of your jib.

Breaking rocks in a quarry, sewing mailbags etc

Here in the IOM offenders were invited to work in the Ballamona laundry, cut back the hedges on main roads or pull up the weeds on Jurby airfield

Doubtful if inmates of the new Jurby nick will be used so productively

Will the lags in the new prison have to pay a TV license fee to watch the flatscreen TVs they are installing in their cells?

That'll show the b*astards...

They already trialled the tags with some drug scum (...the poor people - not criminals, but suffering from an 'illness'...) earlier this year. The scratty weasels were giving the authorities a right run around!

I wonder how much it costs to keep someone in prison. It's probably less than £10,080.00 a week.

Guardian article puts it at almost 50k a year Clicky

Although some of the financial implications mentioned won't apply to all individuals.

As I recall, a part of the original concept of tagging was the benefit of cost savings...............a cheaper alternative to custody.

Archived