[BBC News] Gas prices increasing on island

Newsbot

http://www.manxgas.com/pdfs/1597%20Tariff%20notice%20v02.pdf

UK natural gas import infrastructure is now at a level whereby the volatility seen in recent years should not happen again in the near future.

Hmm...................

http://www.manxgas.com/pdfs/1597%20Tariff%20notice%20v02.pdf
UK natural gas import infrastructure is now at a level whereby the volatility seen in recent years should not happen again in the near future.

Hmm...................

'640K ought to be enough for anybody.' - Bill Gates (1981)

'I stand by all the misstatements that I've made' - Dan Quayle

Well this is a yearly problem that is likely to run for years.

There is massive amounts of natual gas left but the cartel's are just drip feeding the market bit like the petrol mafia.

Restricting the amount sold is the way they make money plain and simple.

Its a shame that the people who worked all their lives now spend most of there money on living costs ?

A simple question to Manx Gas would be, " What are your profit margins as your main holding company is Babcock and Brown, which is an Australian Investment Company who seem to have a bigger Portfolio and money base than the Isle of Man.

This company works in Billions, so therefore outbuys the Isle of Man ,big time.

Maybe the Manx Government are scared about the big guys?

Google their webby and you will see how short amount of time that Babcock and Brown have put for reclaiming their outlay for buying Manx Gas, from the Channel Island based parent company. They have to , i believe, publish all accounts and meeting minuites as it is a PLC.

The OFT should know this and also the Government, yet it is still allowed to go on. They have been told.

My personal opinion is that the Government will not do anything about it because they don't want to be seen to suppress International Trade.

Simple as that ;)

as someone on radio commented, manx gas buys its wholesale gas off the mea, but electricity prices aren't going up ! ?????

If that is the case, then how can Manx Gas 'buy forward' and all those other clever, market-playing tactics that they were bragging about?

Archived