Menezes

Albert Tatlock

Even though the police got it wrong - so very wrong at so many levels (intelligence, surveillance etc) he wouldn't have been shot at all if he'd left the country when his visa actually expired.

I'm not justifying the fact that he was shot, but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and illegally at that.

Even though the police got it wrong - so very wrong at so many levels (intelligence, surveillance etc) he wouldn't have been shot at all if he'd left the country when his visa actually expired.

cops lied at every level after his death .he wore bulky clothing?he dident he ran jumping turnstiles he dident?

this guy dident have a clue he was being stalked the moment he knew. he was dead 5 dum dum shots to the head

I'm not justifying the fact that he was shot, but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and illegally at that.

how many ilegals are on the island news on the street is interpol just arrested one

Outstaying your visa doesn't carry the death penalty.

Surely some head has to roll for this. An innocent man was shot in the head by our authorities, for Christ's sake.

Was there a "shoot to kill" policy in Northern Ireland?

Well, put it this way, there was no "shoot to wound" policy!

If you are going to shoot then you put two aimed rounds through the centre of the target. Just as your training dictates. Unfortunately you cannot do this to a suicide bomber. You have to assume that the nutter has the trigger in his hand and shots through the torso will cause muscle spasms - kaboom! Shots to the head may prevent this from happening so it is your only option.

For me there are two important issues here. Firstly the Mets Finest still went for him even though they could have been shredded at any moment, that takes real courage. Secondly the "intelligence", the decisions etc etc are all administered by people. And, inevitably, people make mistakes. Now the task of the inquests and so forth should be to ensure that as many process safeguards as possible are in place and weed out those that might be lacking. But don't be under any illusions. At the end of the day while there are people making the decisions mistakes will always be made. It's the world you live and die in...

What i really cant understand is why no one is screaming about the use of dumdum bullets which as far as i know were made illegal in the 1800s

Quite right, the Dum Dum was developed at the arsenal called Dumdum in India, to stop the wily Afghan from suicide attacks {deja vu?}

snag is its just Armies who are banned, civil forces can use anything, Glasers, cookie cutters---odd really :huh:

The eight armed officers have swore that they shouted armed police to identify themselves but no one on the train or platform heard them say it.Typical cops,covering there inept trigger happy asses

Archived